Health update

13 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Txjack
djsfw57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After not being able to walk for 2 months and wondering if I would be able to again, I've made great progress. In the last week I've walked 700 feet with a walker, climbed a flight of stairs, and today walked around the gym with no walker, no cane, and no help from my therapist! I'm being released December 18 - just over 2 months after going in the hospital. Home for Christmas AND an SFA victory over Duke... life doesn't get any better! Thanks for your prayers and well wishes.
SFA, Class of 1979
nacluth
Well that's good to hear, and your attitude is an inspiration. On another thread you mentioned your retirement coming soon. Has this affected that at all?
SFA Jack Fanatic
djsfw57 said:

After not being able to walk for 2 months and wondering if I would be able to again, I've made great progress. In the last week I've walked 700 feet with a walker, climbed a flight of stairs, and today walked around the gym with no walker, no cane, and no help from my therapist! I'm being released December 18 - just over 2 months after going in the hospital. Home for Christmas AND an SFA victory over Duke... life doesn't get any better! Thanks for your prayers and well wishes.
Great news! Wishing you continued improvement AT HOME!
PurpleOut
Staff
Awesome!
djsfw57
nacluth said:

Well that's good to hear, and your attitude is an inspiration. On another thread you mentioned your retirement coming soon. Has this affected that at all?
Thankfully it hasn't. I still plan to retire June 1.
SFA, Class of 1979
BigJack85
Keep it up!!!! Awesome grit.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Ljacks&Longnecks
Very good news, you have your own big victory to celebrate. Continued success!
Txjack
Great news...continued prayers to you!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.