ESPN+ quality

2,413 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TallTexan
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm still upset with the quality of the ESPN+ broadcasts. They've been consistently horrible for some time now.

I remember when it was SFA All Access the streams were still very good quality with multiple camera angles and solid audio.

Now we have horrible audio where you can't even hear the stadium sounds. Horrible commentators when it's not Rob. 2 camera angles, both being incredibly bad and making it hard to see the action.

I understand it's a student production but SFA All Access was and I remember those games looking and sounding amazing.

I watched the UCA vs SHSU game last week and it looked professionally done in Conway, almost like a REAL ESPN broadcast. Why can't we have that quality at home?
TallTexan
How much do we make from ESPN?

To grow the brand, we definitely need to put a good digital product out there.
PurpleOut
Staff
There's been some changes in staff within the athletic department, and apparently we had some cameras replaced in the past few weeks. Because to be fair, our broadcasts on ESPN+ and ESPN3 have been top notch. It's just been the past few weeks where it's dropped off, I haven't had any problem with them in the past few years.

It's also worth noting that from time to time, the league is producing the game as the "Game of the Week" where it's mostly their broadcast and set up.
sfajack05
Hopefully they'll get the issues fixed sooner than later. The games and quality have been great the last few years but these last two weeks it's been not good. I'm surprised the quality has fallen off so much since the one guy changed positions. You would think the students that were working with him would have some sort of knowledge to keep it going.

Jacks4460
Why didnt they show the time and score to the game last night on the ESPN+ broadcast?? It was just the game and I had to go to my computer or wait for Rob to say the score of the game...
TallTexan
Jacks4460 said:

Why didnt they show the time and score to the game last night on the ESPN+ broadcast?? It was just the game and I had to go to my computer or wait for Rob to say the score of the game...
My guess is that nobody realized how much Korbin did I guess? I'm assuming running all this stuff was his role given the timeline of when he got the new role & the current situation on game broadcasts.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.