SF Austin

13 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CertifiedAxeman98
CertifiedAxeman98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So decided to start a new thread for SF Austin. Not sure that SF Austin will ever be removed from its association with SFA especially when you start looking at the uphill battle that would need to be done especially when the school can't get ESPN to fix their errors and we have had a contract with them for years but thought I would note the effort here.

PurpleOut is going to check on the trademark idea of TallTexan.
CertifiedAxeman98
Did a Google search for SF Austin and SFASU.edu comes up first in the search and people apparently search for where SF Austin is and what does SF Austin stand for.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS865US865&ei=XuCcXarAEIS4sgWHjZvQDw&q=sf+austin&oq=sf+austin&gs_l=psy-ab.12...0.0..14469...0.0..0.0.0.......0......gws-wiz.CKnJZdRG5MI&ved=0ahUKEwiq59n0r43lAhUEnKwKHYfGBvoQ4dUDCAs
TallTexan
If we can get the athletic department on board(to say they won't oppose us), I would be happy to try to help raise the funds needed to file for a trademark.

It's just so dang frustrating that ESPN & other networks won't cooperate when our athletic department asks them to use SFA.

If we play our cards right, we might even be able to turn this into some nice publicity for SFA & the Sawmill.
BigJack85
Might be a fun way to get rid of SF Austin. Maybe the copyrights could generate $$$ for the athletic department
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
I also have no idea why my first post was sleeping lol.
CertifiedAxeman98
So after this article it rekindled my hate for those that call us SF Austin. ESPN has fixed a lot but they still have it in several places.

http://www.thepinelog.com/opinion/article_46156c98-5e46-11ea-8d95-dba39bc55b54.html

CBS sports is also an offender as well. So a commented on a tweet that Matt Norlander posted with the CBS power rankings and noted that he had a typo "SF Austin." He noted that he never refers to them as SF Austin only as SFA or Stephen F. Austin which I can believe since I have never herd him say or write SF Austin. He did note that it was a coding issue on their site so he could not fix it. Basically just selects SFA and it populates it as SF Austin on the site.

So we apparently need to to find someone at CBS sports that handles their online coding for their website. We need to have someone find that person. It probably need someone that knows how to code a website so they can tell the CBS IT guy what they need to fix. There must a way to connect with an IT guy at CBS sport in that massive organization right? ha ha ha.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.