SE Texas Flooding

3,099 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BigJack85
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Crazy flooding down there in the Houston/Golden Triangle area. Hope you guys are safe, they're saying it's way worse than Rita.
SFA Jack Fanatic
43" of rain near Hamshire and 34" near Nome, two small towns which are just west of Beaumont. Much of Beaumont is flooded. I-10 is flooded and closed in both directions in several places. Winnie (on I-10) is completely underwater. The Imelda system is stationary over SE Texas and is still dumping buckets of rain.

The rain is much heavier than Rita, but there is almost no wind in this system. Rita was a wind event. This is a rain event. This event is comparable to Hurricane Harvey's flooding.

I'm in the Lake Jackson/Clute/Freeport area where Imelda came ashore. We got over 12" here in a 24 hour period (our rain gauge overflowed), but no flooding. Most of the rain is east of us now, but we're expecting 3-4" more here in the next couple of days. Compared to the Beaumont area, we're fortunate. 100's (if not 1,000's) of homes flooded over there.
SFAJack_76
drhuggybear
We are in the Cypress (NW) area in Houston. We have had constant light rain for the last 24+ hours. A couple hard downpours but nothing like the Eastern parts of Houston.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
TheRevSFA
we had 17 inches of rain in Galveston.

It was nuts
Pilotgirl
Imelda is just welcoming me to Houston...or tryna kick me out!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Imelda is just welcoming me to Houston...or tryna kick me out!

Get use to it, Pilot. The Houston area is flat and mostly concreted over.
SFAJack_76
Not to minimize the horrible impact, but this is too funny, and probably true, not to share.
Pilotgirl
Yup. I was watching that while it aired on the news and was like "are you kidding me?" Lol
cboothe09
It was bad where i live. My house was dry (Except for a leak in the attic above my garage). That is the highest i have ever seen the water in my neighborhood. A lot of my coworkers and students weren't so lucky. Teachers report back tomorrow and students return to school Wednesday.
cboothe09
BigJack85
cboothe09 said:

It was bad where i live. My house was dry (Except for a leak in the attic above my garage). That is the highest i have ever seen the water in my neighborhood. A lot of my coworkers and students weren't so lucky. Teachers report back tomorrow and students return to school Wednesday.

Sending good vibes.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.