Devin Brooks taking over content management

4,252 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TallTexan
INiedrauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Hi everyone -

Regardless of where my career takes me, this site and the SFA community will have a huge part of my heart. I'm not going anywhere, but I've recognized that I simply cannot give you what you deserve from a content-standpoint with my day job in operations for a company that operates 24/7 at this stage in life.

With that said, I am not turning in my relationships or right to contribute to this community in the form of writing, engagement, etc. However, I am turning over editorial decisions to someone to has absolutely earned the right to take the baton and this site to the next level.

My last year in Nacogdoches, I often sat alongside Pine Log sports editor Devin Brooks in the press box who has since moved on to bigger and better things. Devin is going to take over the day-to-day operations of the site's editorial content as we enter football season, and I know he's going to give this community what they deserve from a person who has a ton of relationships both in the locker room and in the coach's offices.

I appreciate Devin for taking this on and I hope to become a bigger part of this community again soon.

Best,

Isaac
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

djsfw57
I hope we actually get some content. At this point I see no reason to continue my paid membership because I haven't gotten anything at all for the money I spent. It's been a huge disappointment to me.
SFA Jack Fanatic
djsfw57 said:

I hope we actually get some content. At this point I see no reason to continue my paid membership because I haven't gotten anything at all for the money I spent. It's been a huge disappointment to me.

I agree 1,000%. Other than access to the Forums, this site has been a waste of my money for the last year. A change should have been made LONG ago. I don't understand why it took so long. Hopefully, the new guy will provide some actual useful content and information that we can't get anywhere else. If he doesn't then I definitely WON'T be renewing anymore. Wish I had not renewed for a full year previously or else I would have canceled long before now.
nacluth
Good news Isaac. Can't wait to hear about our Jacks from Devin.
BigJack85
Look forward to it. I also think it's time for a little "content". Doesn't need to be every week but certainly 2X/month?
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
I'd assume we'll definitely see some content from Devin, dude is a prolific writer!

And Isaac, check in every now and again when you can. Your long form pieces are incredible.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well Hello Isaac. Glad you are still around and miss your presence and contributions to the board. Hope work and family are well.
Will look forward to Devin taking over and see how the board moves forward.
Don't be a stranger. Axe Em
SFAJack_76
Wait and see I suppose. We have been told more than once over the last several months that this site was going to return to being more than just a message board. I hope that Brooks will provide content that is not all sunshine and roses. I stopped following him last fall because every comment about the football team was positive when it was clear the team was in real distress.

Thanks for making a step.
Jacks4460
76 I agree with you 100%... Devin is a super great young man whom I have met more than a couple times. He is a young reporter just cutting his teeth. He is buddies with some of the football players and that is why I am sure his football writings were very one sided. As he matures into a sports writer I am sure he will learn to separate from being friends and telling the general public some of the negative things going on. He will learn I am sure... That whole team was put in a mess last year..Hell Devin may even get me to be a paid subscriber once I see him around here..Devin is a good dude...
PurpleOut
Staff
Welcome Devin!
Dbrooks
Staff
I'm just glad to be apart of the team and will do everything I can to deliver objective but fair content regarding SFA Football.

I covered SFA Football in full last season and saw many different things happen that other people didn't see, and this year I hope to bring out what I see in the best way that'll sit well with all who follow this great website.
nacluth
Thanks Devin for joining us. Look forward to your input and analysis. You'll have to watch out for SFA Jack Fanatic, but besides him, everyone else here is pretty nice.
Ljacks&Longnecks
One thing for sure, if Devin posts something that's too positive or too negative, we will have plenty of opportunity to speak up and counter the point.
Let's get this show on the road.
SFAJack_76
Dbrooks said:

I'm just glad to be apart of the team and will do everything I can to deliver objective but fair content regarding SFA Football.

I covered SFA Football in full last season and saw many different things happen that other people didn't see, and this year I hope to bring out what I see in the best way that'll sit well with all who follow this great website.
Welcome Devin. Looking forward to your insight.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Thanks Devin for joining us. Look forward to your input and analysis. You'll have to watch out for SFA Jack Fanatic, but besides him, everyone else here is pretty nice.
I'm actually a pretty nice guy most of the time (at least that's what my Mom used to say), but I suppose that one could say that I'm as fanatical about getting what I pay for (even small purchases) as I am about my alma mater and SFA athletics.

Now, for starters, I love Coach K, but can that story and his photo from seven months ago on the home page be changed as soon as possible? It's beginning to fade from old age.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

I'm actually a pretty nice guy most of the time (at least that's what my Mom used to say), but I suppose that one could say that I'm as fanatical about getting what I pay for (even small purchases) as I am about my alma mater and SFA athletics.

Now, for starters, I love Coach K, but can that story and his photo from seven months ago on the home page be changed as soon as possible? It's beginning to fade from old age.

Quick Ed, give Devin a free cruise to win him over to your side.

I've heard Nacluth has offered a custom guitar for Devin to ban you, but you can win this.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

Quick Ed, give Devin a free cruise to win him over to your side.

I've heard Nacluth has offered a custom guitar for Devin to ban you, but you can win this.

Nacluth's $5,000 geetar beats my $500 cruise offer. He's all yours, Ryan. I'll keep popping back up on occasion by utilizing the stealth tactics that I learned from observing that fellow who was banned several times earlier this year.
TallTexan
Uh oh, Ed's going rogue.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.