Texas High School Sports 2019-2020

11,295 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Only in Texas. Class 4A school.
SFAJack_76
4A Celina new facilities.
PurpleOut
Staff
That stuff is amazing. And also discouraging at the same time knowing there are dozens and dozens of high schools that have better facilities than SFA.

Planning trying to go to a few Friday night games in the Frisco/McKinney/Allen area this year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

That stuff is amazing. And also discouraging at the same time knowing there are dozens and dozens of high schools that have better facilities than SFA.

Yeah. I've often wondered what it would take to construct an indoor practice facility and why we don't already have one. As you say, lots of high schools have them, so why shouldn't we? (I know., I know It's the money...)

If we want to get to the point where we're contending for a national FB championship (like Carthel and Ivey want to be) and also attract the best players to get us there, then we need to have at least decent practice facilities to get the guys out of the dadgum hot sun and inclement weather and also be used by the band, soccer, and others.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Planning trying to go to a few Friday night games in the Frisco/McKinney/Allen area this year.

Amazing what you can do when you can levy taxes on the local population. Those facilities are incredible. I've heard Celina is growing like crazy.

I'm excited to watch Palestine this year. Last time I was at a Palestine or Westwood game was on the opposing sideline. Might try to catch a game at Jacksonville too.
PurpleOut
Staff
The McKinney/Frisco area isn't even recognizable compared to what it used to be. Prosper is almost there and Celina is right behind it. The Dallas North Toll Road is going to be extended all the way up past Celina so it's all going to continue to explode.
SFAJack_76
Two thoughts/observations. One is that there must be some interesting reactions by recruits coming from 3A-5A schools when they see their HS has better facilities than SFA. The other is this helps to point out how far behind our facilities are across nearly all sports.

Basketball is about to be good. Volleyball, both sports, will be okay with the expansion and improvements to the locker room. Tennis is okay. The rest of the sports aren't close. Ivey wanted a challenge, so here it is.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

The McKinney/Frisco area isn't even recognizable compared to what it used to be. Prosper is almost there and Celina is right behind it. The Dallas North Toll Road is going to be extended all the way up past Celina so it's all going to continue to explode.

One of my most unpopular opinions is that we should put a belt on Dallas and Houston. I don't want Tyler to be a Dallas suburb one day.

It's crazy how much the outskirts of DFW are changing and so quickly too.
SFA Jack Fanatic
In the Houston area, Katy has its FB palace on the west side. On the east side, 5-A Barbers Hill in Mont Belvieu has more money than they know what to do with (petrochemical industry taxes), and they are growing like crazy. They hired Tom Westerberg away from Allen, so that tells you something about their deep pockets.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

In the Houston area, Katy has its FB palace on the west side. On the east side, 5-A Barbers Hill in Mont Belvieu has more money than they know what to do with (petrochemical industry taxes), and they are growing like crazy. They hired Tom Westerberg away from Allen, so that tells you something about their deep pockets.

Got a few friends in Barbers Hill and they love it. Apparently they pay pretty decent in their schools too.
SFAXE93
Prosper ISD $48 million dollar stadium

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/First-Look-Inside-Prospers-48M-High-School-Football-Stadium-546852261.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DFWBrand
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Got a few friends in Barbers Hill and they love it. Apparently they pay pretty decent in their schools too.

Barbers Hill is the highest-paying school district in Texas, I believe.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/First-Look-Inside-Prospers-48M-High-School-Football-Stadium-546852261.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DFWBrand
Speaking of stadiums...

I know Homer Bryce and family made huge donations to SFA and the school named the stadium after him, but I have to wonder if the agreement could be modified in order to have a really big bucks corporate sponsorship for naming the stadium. Maybe it could be Homer Bryce Field at XYZ Corporation Stadium?? Or maybe the Bryce/XYZ Stadium??

Does anyone have any details about the agreement with the Bryce family?
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

This is insanity.
cboothe09
Starting salary $60k for their teachers
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

Starting salary $60k for their teachers

Dang. That's impressive.

Last I heard when my wife worked down there, Eanes ISD had a starting salary of 44k or so for teachers. Which is criminally low for such a wealthy district.
PurpleOut
Staff
Think I'll try to catch a game next week. Cedar Hill at Allen is right down the road, awesome matchup.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The Katy vs. North Shore game next Thursday (Aug. 29) will be televised at 7:00 p.m. on ESPNU. Two powerhouses.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

The Katy vs. North Shore game next Thursday (Aug. 29) will be televised at 7:00 p.m. on ESPNU. Two powerhouses.

That'll be a great one.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Katy has defeated #1 state-ranked and defending 6-A state champion North Shore 24-21. Katy absolutely dominated the second half. North Shore went 16-0 last year and had almost all of their best and nationally-recruited players back, but it won't happen this year.
SFAJack_76
Defending 2A division 1 state champ Mason falls to Wall 47-7 at home. Mason was 16-0 last season, and had a 40 game home win streak.
Txjack
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Katy has defeated #1 state-ranked and defending 6-A state champion North Shore 24-21. Katy absolutely dominated the second half. North Shore went 16-0 last year and had almost all of their best and nationally-recruited players back, but it won't happen this year.
Here comes Katy (yet again).

I went to Legacy Stadium in Katy for the first time last night to watch Foster v. College Station; wow, what a complex. I'm sitting there on the Home side, upper half and thinking how well i can see the field--look to your left and there is a jumbo tron. Look way to your right, and you can make out the jumbo tron of nearby/adjacent Rhodes stadium where there is another high school game going on. Only in Texas.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Defending 2A division 1 state champ Mason falls to Wall 47-7 at home. Mason was 16-0 last season, and had a 40 game home win streak.

Whoa. That's a beating.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Txjack said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Here comes Katy (yet again).

I went to Legacy Stadium in Katy for the first time last night to watch Foster v. College Station; wow, what a complex. I'm sitting there on the Home side, upper half and thinking how well i can see the field--look to your left and there is a jumbo tron. Look way to your right, and you can make out the jumbo tron of nearby/adjacent Rhodes stadium where there is another high school game going on. Only in Texas.

Legacy Stadium is definitely something else. I've been there only once, but not for a football game. It was for a Drum Corps International competition about a month ago.
cboothe09
Katy and North Shore will meet again...
cboothe09
Watched part of that one. You saw the beating coming early...Wall just dominated, but seeing the Puncherdome on TV was awesome...
SFAJack_76
cboothe09 said:

Watched part of that one. You saw the beating coming early...Wall just dominated, but seeing the Puncherdome on TV was awesome...
We have Dish. And, we don't now have FSSW. That would have been fun to see, although not much of a game.
SFAJack_76
Lufkin falls to Longview 24-21. Normal, crazy game between these two. Best crowd in Lufkin in a long time.
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

Shouldn't it actually be called the Puncherporch? I caught a couple of plays on FSSW Oklahoma, but only saw the players and not the stadium. I also wondered why two Texas teams were being shown on the FSSW Oklahoma feed.
SFAXE93
Final Score Gunter 22 Daingerfield 21

Tigers blow a 21-8 halftime lead
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

cboothe09 said:

Shouldn't it actually be called the Puncherporch? I caught a couple of plays on FSSW Oklahoma, but only saw the players and not the stadium. I also wondered why two Texas teams were being shown on the FSSW Oklahoma feed.
Because, Texas high school football >>>>> Oklahoma high school football.
SFAXE93
DAINGERFIELD:14
TATUM:0

Tigers improve to 1-1
sfajack05
Longview is off to a 2-0 start. Beat Marshall this week 53-0.

Just glad the Jacks at least offered their big time players even though they'll be going to FBS schools.
SFAJack_76
Longview is solid, although in no way is King the #1 QB in the country. I was not impressed when they played Lufkin. I am surprised at how bad JT is.
SFAXE93
Daingerfield Tigers District Champions!

Take on Anderson Shiro this Friday in the Bi District
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.