SFA - Fan Gear

7,689 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PurpleOut
CertifiedAxeman98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wanted to know where I can get an SFA Bobblehead like this.

https://orion.sfasu.edu/news/sfatoday/bobblehead.aspx

Also, would like to see if there is a way to get the MBB hoodie in a Medium &Small.

BigJack85
I would also like the Lumberjack figurine.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
drhuggybear
If you do a reverse image search for that it points back to the SFA Alumni association. I emailed someone there about it. Once I hear back I will update the thread.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
TallTexan
I've never got the stocking cap lol.
drhuggybear
Reply back is that they have been sold out for a long time. There is discussions to do a second run on them but not anytime soon.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
CertifiedAxeman98
I guess I will keep looking on ebay until then.
SFAJack_76
I believe they have been on the homecoming on line auction in the past.
CertifiedAxeman98
These are my biggest issues with fan gear. Getting this off my chest as Purple Out got me going. The one thing I did like last year was the pop up gear store at the games. They started this a little to late in the year and missed some good opportunities like the Alabama game.

1. We need a few more quality shirt options. I personally would like a couple more shirts and as my boys grow I try and get them new SFA gear that fits them. I would probably buy something new each year but honestly I look online or when I am in town. Then I look at what I already have and think that the purple and white stripped polo I got years ago is better than any new options. My son has an SFA UA shirt and we have a couple of other shirts but would buy more if the selection was a little better.

2. - Hats - I have a camo hat that has the SFA logo on it. I want a new hat. When I looked for hats today this is the only hat they had. Who is buying this in Texas? We need 1 or 2 good baseball style hats.

https://shop.sfajacks.com/mens-top-of-the-world-purple-stephen-f-austin-lumberjacks-jack-frost-cuffed-knit-hat/p-13868621133962+z-880-1207941419

3. Why do we have random Nike gear? I get that there will be other brands than UA. Stuff that is more affordable from other companies but it is odd for the official store to be selling Nike gear.

4. Who is buying the shirts with the big T logo and the happy lumberjack on it. Every time I look at it I think how many times do the people wearing them explain to others what the T stands for? I have never once thought about buying one of those. Never.

5. I get that not all gear is going to be UA gear but we should have more quality UA gear options without having to get a custom order just to get the word basketball added to a shirt. UA designs gear for the players. I understand that most of that is not going to be sold to the general public. However, there are a few items I see that would make great fan gear. For example last year's warm up hoodie. It was light weight and perfect for Texas. My wife and kids would love to have one. My wife almost always wants a light jack when we go places to be sure that she not cold, like the movies. She probably would wear it around the house some. My wife makes the kids wear a light jacket (almost always a hoodie) when it is cold out and the boys just want to wear basketball shorts and T-shirt. If you already have the design for an something like this make it in other sizes and sell it to the fans. Make a similar designed UA hoodie and sell it. Honestly, if they had this and 1 or 2 more well designed SFA UA shirts I would probably quite complaining about this.

I am off the soap box for the day back to lunch.
TallTexan
You're definitely not wrong Axeman.
PurpleOut
Staff
The hoodie you're talking about was probably team issued. Agreed that it was nice looking, would love to have one. And that's weird with hats. Maybe they're updating that page/inventory or something, because they normally have quite a few.

The kids gear is another thing that I didn't mention in the other thread. There's almost nothing for little kids. Most kids don't fit youth sizes for quite a while, not having anything between infants and youth is rough. And sorry I'm not buying a shirt for my kids with some sort of weird phrase on it. We can do better.

I don't really care for UA gear overall to be honest. Never have liked their shoes. But their normal polos fit very well, so they have that going for them.

The only thing that I've found recently that I liked and also looks like team gear, is the "WE ARE" long sleeved shirt. Never saw it online but saw it at Barnes and Nobles last year. Still don't see it online, but it's what I'm wearing here (really wish it was easier to make this smaller).

BigJack85
Between Jackbackers and Barnes and Noble on campus I'm "relatively happy". Ok there's some gaps in the offering and if I was one of those aggies that had to have some A&M paraphernalia in every room I'd complain more. Sure I'd like to see more offering online.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
Solid. Very.
PurpleOut
Staff
Great set up. They're working on expanding to Lufkin he mentioned.

It's been brought up before I believe, but I hope we can also break into Academy and other regional stores.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
I think it depends on how you interpret "sideline gear."
PurpleOut
Staff
Came across this website today.

https://www.ncaabasketball.pro/stephen-f.-austin-lumberjacks-l188
nacluth
PurpleOut said:

Awesome!
BigJack85
Really cool.
Pilotgirl
Welp...I will buy all 3. New game gear.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Excellent! I think I'll order a customized Posey jersey!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Anyone need an SFA face mask? https://www.247sportsfanaticsshop.com/college/stephen-f-austin-lumberjacks/face-coverings/o-16+t-24248143+c-7879512607+z-9-3004652914
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Anyone need an SFA face mask? https://www.247sportsfanaticsshop.com/college/stephen-f-austin-lumberjacks/face-coverings/o-16+t-24248143+c-7879512607+z-9-3004652914
might order some of these.
aquavelvis
PurpleOut said:

Thanks for posting. Even here in far-flung San Antonio, we run into a Dukie at HEB on occasion, so now I can rock the Bain jersey over a tee and pick at their scab!
Scott Taylor
sfa17
PurpleOut said:

Be careful with this site. I order an SFA tshirt and they never shipped it. I ordered it on May 16. They put A fake tracking number on pay pal for an item that was delivered May 7. So PayPal assumed the item was delivered. Which is not possible Bc I order it after that date.

Luckly I used PayPal and can dispute the charges
aquavelvis
sfa17 said:

PurpleOut said:

Be careful with this site. I order an SFA tshirt and they never shipped it. I ordered it on May 16. They put A fake tracking number on pay pal for an item that was delivered May 7. So PayPal assumed the item was delivered. Which is not possible Bc I order it after that date.

Luckly I used PayPal and can dispute the charges
Yes, bogus. Do not order from this website.

I used a Citi Mastercard, and Citi's algorithms flagged it...came up as a computer software purchase from a place in Singapore.

So, I won't be getting my Bain jersey, at least not from this place. Good news is that the charge was denied.

If anyone knows of a legitimate source for a Bain road jersey please me us know.
Scott Taylor
PurpleOut
Staff
Sorry guys, I only came across it, didn't order from it or look it up really.

Although I used to have success buying cheap soccer jerseys through Asian sites.
SFAJack_76
I passed the information along to Ivey. He will get it to our licensing folks to see if we can take some sort of legal action.
aquavelvis
PurpleOut said:

Although I used to have success buying cheap soccer jerseys through Asian sites.
Not to worry. Stuff happens, and no problem for me because the credit card company caught it.

So, if anyone knows where a Bain road jersey can be had, please let me know!

Thanks
Scott Taylor
aquavelvis
aquavelvis said:

PurpleOut said:

Not to worry. Stuff happens, and no problem for me because the credit card company caught it.

So, if anyone knows where a Bain road jersey can be had, please let me know!

Thanks

From the Truth is Stranger Than Fiction Department, the Bain jersey I ordered mid-May arrived in the mail today, so now I've had to see that the credit card company pays the vendor.

The charge was to "Reliable Kind Singapore" for "computer software," nothing like NCAA Jerseys yata-yata-yata like you'd expect from their web page. Thus, yeah, I got my jersey but have some serious doubts that any kind of licensing fee was paid to SFA and/or the NCAA.

So looks like I got lucky with these guys.

And I have a cool bootleg Bain road jersey!
Scott Taylor
PurpleOut
Staff
Oh there's definitely no licensing fee there!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.