ROTC

17,504 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan
Do we have an on campus war memorial for fallen Jacks?
purplitis72
I'm not sure but it is a very good idea.
nacluth
I remember there used to be a plaque, but I can't remember where it is off hand.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Having just run a half marathon 13.1 miles in essentially the same time that he "marched" 12 miles, I can assure you that was no parade march. He was hauling it.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Having just run a half marathon 13.1 miles in essentially the same time that he "marched" 12 miles, I can assure you that was no parade march. He was hauling it.

Holy frijoles he was booking it.
SFAJack_76
Not exactly ROTC, but putting it here.

TallTexan
Cool? Yea or nay?
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Cool? Yea or nay?

I'm not one for much pomp and circumstances. But, I think yea.
BigJack85
A definite yea.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
drhuggybear
Yes but how does this line up with the "tradition" or "superstition" of not going in the Old Stone Fort or you won't graduate on time. I don't know how pervasive that one is but when the Jack Walker mentioned it during my daughters college visit she has refused to go into it .
SFAJack_76
drhuggybear said:

Yes but how does this line up with the "tradition" or "superstition" of not going in the Old Stone Fort or you won't graduate on time. I don't know how pervasive that one is but when the Jack Walker mentioned it during my daughters college visit she has refused to go into it .
Interesting. I never heard that one.
SfaFan15
I think this is pretty cool
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
SfaFan15 said:

I think this is pretty cool
I saw UT doing it with the tower a week or so ago, and it seemed kinda cheesy.

Something about pulling the howitzer over to help guard it though made this seem cooler. Don't thing they posted an ROTC guard either.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
Awesome stuff.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
There are some outstanding young women and men in ROTC.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

There are some outstanding young women and men in ROTC.

Absolutely! God bless them and keep them safe.

I wonder where our former Ladyjack softball shortstop and ROTC cadet (now lieutenant) is stationed now.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa
My son graduated this past May from SFA and was commissioned as a 2lt and is on his way to ft benning for officer training. He will soon lead a platoon of men/tanks as an armor officer. The SFA ROTC program is one of the best in the country. The men and women of SFA ROTC and what they have taken an oath to do always puts in perspective any athletic loss we have for me. AxeEm Jacks!
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
TallTexan
RedRiverLa said:

My son graduated this past May from SFA and was commissioned as a 2lt and is on his way to ft benning for officer training. He will soon lead a platoon of men/tanks as an armor officer. The SFA ROTC program is one of the best in the country. The men and women of SFA ROTC and what they have taken an oath to do always puts in perspective any athletic loss we have for me. AxeEm Jacks!

Awesome!
SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa said:

Outstanding! I know you are proud. Please pass along our thanks for his service.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

RedRiverLa said:

Outstanding! I know you are proud. Please pass along our thanks for his service.

Exceptional 76. That is what I call getting it done. Raising a young man to become a leader!!!
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

RedRiverLa said:

Exceptional 76. That is what I call getting it done. Raising a young man to become a leader!!!
Yes tell him thank you for defending our freedom... I love our Military..
SFA Jack Fanatic
RedRiverLa said:

Prayers for the safety of him and his men.
SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa
Thanks for starting this thread. The SFA ROTC program participates in many competitions throughout the year and always places near the top (sometimes brutal endurace competions with 12 mile Ruck marches like the one at Ft. Hood) - defeating schools like Texas, TCU, TAMU, and ALWAYS Tarlenton State . Awesome to have their own thread and give them their due. AxeEm!
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.