SFA Beef Barn Burns down.

5,166 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like the beef barn burned down. Bummer for our ag programs.

FWIW I tried to link directly to the post about it on PineLog's Facebook page, but facebook makes it incredibly hard to find a link it seems. So if you want to see the photos, check out the Pinelog facebook.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
Typically this kind of loss is covered by standard casualty insurance. Maybe some improvements can be added?
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

Typically this kind of loss is covered by standard casualty insurance. Maybe some improvements can be added?
How's our Ag program in general? Seems like we should have a good one given our rural area and plethora of country kids, but I've never heard too much about it tbh.
BigJack85
I've heard good things about the AG program. Solid not huge but not small.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks4460
I am in the transportation business and haul a lot of chicken.. I would think the university would partner with Pilgrims and have a state of the art Poultry Science facility...it would benefit Pilgrims in that they will get a young degrees employee that has been trained already with a lot of Pilgrims knowledge in the industry...
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
Great news. Need a real facility.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

Great news. Need a real facility.
Where is our Ag school seen in the grand scheme of prestige & things?

Seems to me we have a real opportunity with A&M growing so fast & focusing on national rankings.
TallTexan

Quote:

"And I think we're going to see over the next few years an effort to try to construct facilities that are really needed for a state of the art program," said Alders.

The animal science program wants facilities to rebuild a program. The loss of the SFA Beef Farm barn has caused a 62% drop in enrollment in animal science students.

Wow, a 62% drop. That's wild.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Awesome. Who is Luminant? Maybe a business I can patronize
SFAJack_76
Nice.
SFAJack_76
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.