Noob question

5,436 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
drhuggybear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was looking for a fleece pullover with SFA on it and saw this sweatshirt. I have seen this logo on multiple shirts but I am not sure what the T stands for. Any noob guidance? Link to sweatshirt below.[url=http://shop.sfajacks.com/COLLEGE_Stephen_F_Austin_Lumberjacks_Mens_Sweatshirts_And_Fleece/menssizes/xxl/Mens_Fanatics_Branded_Ash_Stephen_F_Austin_Lumberjacks_College_Vault_Primary_Logo_Tri-Blend_Raglan_Pullover_Hoodie][/url]

What's the T mean?
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
BigJack85
My understanding is that it was for Texas. It's been mostly wiped from the newer logo as SFA has strived to create a distinct identity. I have one or two old shirts from the early 80's that have the T on it.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
CLHawkins

Saw this the other day. Never knew.
TallTexan
CLHawkins said:

Saw this the other day. Never knew.
Ok that's pretty cool.

When googling it, I also found the "new logo" they tried to roll out in 2014. Still dislike that thing.
TallTexan
Was looking for Lumberjack Pumpkin Carving Patterns and came across these concept logos somebody put together. Pretty cool.
https://www.behance.net/gallery/23723535/SFA-Lumberjacks-Concept-Logo

tangerito
Beats the Hell out of that pathetic attempt to change the logo a few years ago.
drhuggybear
I knew someone could answer this. Makes more sense. Just couldn't put together what the T could stand for. I thought about Texas but ruled that out because ... well I assumed SFA would want to be distinct from all the other schools with "Texas" in it.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
BigJack85
Huggy

I've seen other logos from the 50's 60's and 70's for A&M Kingsville and East Texas State along with others that featured the "T". It was apparently not that uncommon
BigJack85
Those newer Lumberjack logos look great !!!!!
Txjack
TallTexan said:

Was looking for Lumberjack Pumpkin Carving Patterns and came across these concept logos somebody put together. Pretty cool.
https://www.behance.net/gallery/23723535/SFA-Lumberjacks-Concept-Logo

I really like the concept football uni's here; not crazy about the helmet logo tho. I always prefer the name "Lumberjacks" spelled out rather than just saying "Jacks"
SFAXE93

The A invaded Louisiana,

Stare at it long enough and you see a dolphin.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

Those newer Lumberjack logos look great !!!!!

Ya I'm a fan. And as far as I can tell on LinkedIn, the dude who designed them is just a designer who took a whack at it for his portfolio, not a SFA grad.

He did good work, much better than the design firm we paid a hefty chunk of change a few years back.
cboothe09
Too UCA/Detroit Lions for me...
CLHawkins
cboothe09 said:

Agreed. I think the sports world is over greyed right now. Replace the grey with white and I think I like it a lot more.
Txjack
SFAXE93 said:

The A invaded Louisiana,

Screams generic government logo...we don't have the budget to pay someone, so we will get someone in the office to do it.
Although, as I recall, someone was hired and paid ($100,000?) to create this
PurpleOut
Staff
I don't care for them really. The Lumberjack looks like a white walker.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I don't care for them really. The Lumberjack looks like a white walker.
He looked a little Hipster-ish for me but I figured all he needed was a slight beard trim and slight reduction on the demon deacon eyes.
TallTexan
Txjack said:

SFAXE93 said:

The A invaded Louisiana,

Screams generic government logo...we don't have the budget to pay someone, so we will get someone in the office to do it.
Although, as I recall, someone was hired and paid ($100,000?) to create this
I don't remember the exact price tag, but we did pay someone a pretty penny for it.

It looks like the logo you use when you don't want to pay for licensing of the real one.
TallTexan
CLHawkins said:

cboothe09 said:

Agreed. I think the sports world is over greyed right now. Replace the grey with white and I think I like it a lot more.
True, I do like the white & purple look over purple/gray. To be fair to this designer, he just put together a take on new logos/unis on his own. Always glad to have people know who we are and take a stab at mocking up new unis if they have the talent for it.

Happens a lot for big dogs like UT/A&M, far less common for a school our size.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.