SFA Fan Survey

6,723 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SFAXE93
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here is your chance to be heard.

http://www.sfajacks.com/genrel/062117aaa.html
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
TallTexan
Done!

I do regret not making mention of banning broadcasters from using SF Austin. However, I used one of the comment boxes to really dig into the sports as prestige and marketing issue. Might have also taken the students to task.
PurpleOut
Staff
Definitely encourage everyone to do this and voice their opinion. The more the better, and hopefully will only improve all atmospheres.
BigJack85
Already done.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
sfa17
GCU does this cool thing of broadcasting a one or two home games on local t.v and on ESPN 3 simultaneous. But it is controlled by the local network. The broadcasters uses local reporters and they do half time interviews with coach etc. So the broadcast feels more similar to a nba broadcast than Espn 3 CCTV-type broadcast. it would also bring the community and sfa closer together.
TallTexan
I might be wrong but I thought the ESPN 3 feed uses the local sports radio announcers. Whoever it is, their on our side.

I wonder if there's a way to get SFA broadcast on more local TV. Like Nac & Tyler local channels several games a year.
SFAXE93
Rob Meyers calls the SFA games on ESPN3 with another guy whose name escapes me?
PurpleOut
Staff
I'd agree with that. Hard to complain about the ESPN3 deal because it's the best in the league, but having a better overall broadcast would be fantastic. No disrespect to Rob of course, I love listening to him. It just doesn't have the same feel of a "tv" game. I think there's a big difference from our ESPN3 games that we produce, and the ESPN3 games that the Southland produces.

Obviously easier said than done.
nacluth
Done. I lobbied for advertisement dollars for this site. Recommended about $50k/year.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
sfa17
Yeah definitely easier said. i don't want to change rob or anything. It's More about the broadcasting than the commentators. What I saw was closer to the southland espn 3 broadcast but actually even better.

Cox 7 Wikipedia page
"In October 2013 - Cox Communications and Grand Canyon University reached an agreement to form a comprehensive partnership that made Cox7 the exclusive carrier of GCU's inaugural Division I men's basketball season.[3] The broadcast team for the men's basketball games included Barry Buete, Rex Chapman and Matt Rosen"

I don't think gcu has a espn 3 deal but that one game I saw was on espn 3 and it was control and broadcasted by cox 7 and it was pretty good. Hd and everything.
Wichita does the same thing a few games a year but I think they have a espn deal.
I love our espn 3 deal but there is always room from improvement and I'm suggesting maybe one or two games a year. Maybe like Sam or Northwest.

We need ito mprove student support but we also need the support from nac residents (especially ones with no connection to the school but just want to see a great game. )

SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Rob Meyers calls the SFA games on ESPN3 with another guy whose name escapes me?
IMHO, Rob Myers has one of the best broadcasting voices in the country. Better than most "big city" broadcasters. I love listening to him.
TallTexan
Who's that joker that they had announcing the Southland conference tourney that had me wanting to stick my head in a jet engine?
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Who's that joker that they had announcing the Southland conference tourney that had me wanting to stick my head in a jet engine?
ROFL!! I don't remember, but now I'm definitely going to have to find it somewhere on YouTube and give it a listen.
cboothe09
Van Chancellor?
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

Van Chancellor?
That's probably who Texan was talking about. But Chancellor's strong Southern accent never bothered me much, since he knew the ins and outs of the game so well. Houston Comets, LSU, and Ole Miss coach, as I recall.
BigJack85
Edstile is dead on. Rob Meyers is fantastic. He's the tops in SLC and probably one of the top 2-3 in college (Texas).
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAXE93
Craig Way is another good one I put right up there with Rob Meyer.
PurpleOut
Staff
Craig Way is one of my all-time favorites. Rob is great too. A common trait between them is that they aren't complete homers like most radio guys. Which goes a long way to me, especially with being a smaller school. Listening to the radio guys around our league is embarrassing.

I respect Chancellor for who he is and what he did as a coach, but he is SO old. He doesn't understand a lot of the new rules and style of play and is just flat out wrong a lot of the time. It's hard to listen to.

Jim Haller is the other guy that does the SLC games. Just as old, and bad.
SFAXE93
Craig Way is such a fan and historican of sports with a passion. And you are right he is no homer and will get just as excited for opposing teams.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.