2024 Dance Team

310 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by Ljacks&Longnecks
Ljacks&Longnecks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The long history of success for the SFA Cheer and Dance teams appears to be in jeopardy at the present time. Found a Pine Log article in which discusses hazing allegations, around 26 members that have quit the squad and some allegations of how the coach has treated student athletes. Article mentions that a dean of students Andrew Dies has led investigations but apparently did not find sufficient evidence to suspend anyone or the program. A poster was made with the words "Don't Be a Baby Bi**h and had Xs drawn through several faces. Obviously there are issues here that have hurt a program that has won numerous championships in their NCAA and I'm guessing other sponsors events. Sad to see. While I don't follow Dance teams per se, I do applaud the competition and success that they have brought SFA and themselves. Do hope that this will be corrected.

My attempts to copy the Pine Log story failed me. Perhaps a more savvy media person could attach the article.
Pine Log dated April 2nd.
Ljacks&Longnecks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well as a follow-up to the above post, I feel the need to post that the Cheer/Dance team picked up their 22nd overall National Championship in Team Performance per the SFA Athletics post on FB.
Also reported that the Pom team also scored a National title today.

Congrats to all members and staff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.