2024 Softball

3,673 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by ServiceJack88
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ljacks&Longnecks
Wow...76 warned us about hitting being the issue for the Ladyjacks. SFA was shutout all 3 games in a homestand vs HCU. 2-0, 1-0, 2-0.
Pitching was great as advertised but you have to get those pitchers some runs to work with....
BigJack85
Team did not make the WAC tournament. Sad. This is the first time in a while, that softball hasn't been competitive. Am I right. Are we out talented or are we suffering through "new coach" growth?
SFAXE93
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFA88
BigJack85 said:

Team did not make the WAC tournament. Sad. This is the first time in a while, that softball hasn't been competitive. Am I right. Are we out talented or are we suffering through "new coach" growth?
Jackson was impressive at Odessa. I'm going to wait to see how it goes next year. No doubt, that staff in Phoenix can recruit their butts off. Let's give Jackson a full year and see how he and his staff do.
SFAJack_76
SFA88 said:

BigJack85 said:

Jackson was impressive at Odessa. I'm going to wait to see how it goes next year. No doubt, that staff in Phoenix can recruit their butts off. Let's give Jackson a full year and see how he and his staff do.

Mighty generous of you to give him one more year. He inherited a team with good pitching that he added to with a fifth year transfer. He inherited a team that was going to be challenged at the plate and okay in the field. Defense improved through the year. Scoring runs was a problem all season. He lost two of the three games to that staff in Phoenix, that is full of D1 transfers and has huge financial advantages, by a total of three runs.

His predecessor lost interest and left him with very little new talent. Coach Jackson is going to be a winner, in more ways than just the scoreboard.
ServiceJack88
This team was very talented in the pitching department. Hitting was definitely a struggle.

Coach Jackson has some very talented players coming in next year and we should see some dramatic changes to our overall success.

I can't express enough how great of a Coach that Jeff is. I've watched this team a lot this season and there was a lot of growth behind the numbers.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.