2022-2023 Bowling

7,889 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by nacluth
TheRevSFA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With the current SFA system issues, they are working on how they will do the donation campaign.

There should be something coming out though. I'll blast it once i hear of it.
sfajack05
Would have been a blip on the radar if the guy didn't talk.
TallTexan
I think the PLF donation stuff is still working.
nacluth
Just got around to reading the article. That was a masterclass in narcissistic idiocy. No thought for his wife, the player, the other players, the program or the school. May be the dumbest true interview I've ever read.

I'm in for SFA bowling overcoming this story and forgetting this ever existed.
Pilotgirl
Or his kids, who will read that one day.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well, hopefully just a blip for SFA Bowling, public attention span is soooo short.
However far more than a blip on the lives of those affected by it. Nacluth and Pilotgirls comments are spot on.

Sad to see that both SI and USA Today have picked up on the Sentinel interview and gave it more coverage.
The program will carry an undeserved stain or asterisk for a short time in a few circles but hopefully the team will emerge united and carry on.
SFAJack_76
So much I want to say, but will keep it to this.

Amber is not completely ok, but she absolutely will be. Actually, she is more "ok" than most would be under the circumstances. She is in the process of putting her personal, and professional life in order. Her number one priority is, and always has been, her three young children.

"He" publicly showed exactly who he is. I have no idea why the story did not name the other party. She is an adult, and is not a victim.

Our bowling program is going to be as good, or better, than it has been. The returners are solid. The three new girls are going to be great additions. The funding for a full time assistant will be worked out. Yes, our bowling team needs a full time assistant. There is way too much work for one person. And, our bowling student-athletes are indeed athletes. Contrary to what some believe.
nacluth
You're completely right 76. I will say that maybe the consideration on the player's part is that despite the adult part, he is a coach and in a position of power over her (whether she was on scholarship or not). Maybe not outing her had something to do with that dynamic…or just his cluelessness was enough for one article.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.