2021 Tennis

4,849 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigJack85
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76
Oh my ...
SFAJack_76
Swept two today at 4-0.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Oh my ...

Absolutely fantastic video.
Pilotgirl
VERY powerful!
SFAXE93
Getting the feet wet against the WAC

@UTRGV (Feb. 6)
@Tarleton State (Feb. 13)
New Mexico State (Feb. 19)

SFAJack_76
4-1 after a 4-1 win over Texas State yesterday.

SFAJack_76
5-1, all on the road. First home match on Tuesday against ULM.
SFAJack_76
Been a while since we had one of these in tennis.
SFAJack_76
We got to watch Ladyjack tennis yesterday in their 5-2 loss to ULM. Freshman Paula Cerda, from Klein HS, won her match at the one spot in straight sets. The girl she beat whined, complained, and attempted to cheat on scores and line calls. Cerda kept her cool, and simply outplayed her. Met her dad at the match. He was calm during the match, and then apologized for being emotional after it ended. Fun to see.

The facilities are going to get much needed improvements. The court surfaces are in terrible shape. They are getting close to being unsafe. Weather has delayed getting them done. Current target is during spring break, weather permitting. The scoreboard is getting a makeover. It was supposed to be done before yesterday, but the contractor didn't get it done.

This program is moving in the right direction. The team is young with one senior, and one junior. Good facilities with needed improvements being made.
SFAJack_76
First place ...
SFAJack_76
2-5 in conference. Four of the five losses have been 4-3. They are so close.
SFAJack_76
Another tough 4-3 loss yesterday to first place Sam. Two remaining matches on the road at SLU and McNeese. Win both and make the tournament. That would be a big step for this program.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Another tough 4-3 loss yesterday to first place Sam. Two remaining matches on the road at SLU and McNeese. Win both and make the tournament. That would be a big step for this program.

Ya. I really want to see tennis do better. I might be wrong but it seems like about 7-10 years ago we had a couple of years with really good squads. Won the SLC a couple of times like 2010 ish.
SFAJack_76
We did have one really good year. Won the conference tournament that was held at SFA. The HC went to UH, took our best player or two with him. Then, nothing for a few years.
SFAJack_76
Nice.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76
nacluth
To be polite tennis has been terrible the last couple years, but I am impressed with this season's showing. It may be an 8 seed, but they're in. They have played consistently decent. I'm looking forward to seeing if this program is moving up in the future.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

To be polite tennis has been terrible the last couple years, but I am impressed with this season's showing. It may be an 8 seed, but they're in. They have played consistently decent. I'm looking forward to seeing if this program is moving up in the future.
Five of seven conference losses were by scores of 3-4. Only one senior, and she has played singles in the 5 or 6 spot. I agree, it seems to be moving in the right direction.
SFAJack_76
Holy .... !
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

Holy .... !

I almost feel sorry for Sam. But nah.
nacluth
Too bad they already gave out the golden axes. There's one deserved for this.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Too bad they already gave out the golden axes. There's one deserved for this.

Boom!!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.