2021 Softball

12,862 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76
13-0. Corpus has a good pitcher and not much hitting. Wilbur with 12 K's.
SFAJack_76
14-0
SFAJack_76
15-0. Wilbur pitched all but one inning in the three games.

SFAJack_76
They got this one right.
SFAJack_76
Big home series this weekend with NSU.
nacluth
The SFA women have been killing it in every sport this year. Sure makes a fan extra proud to support purple.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

The SFA women have been killing it in every sport this year. Sure makes a fan extra proud to support purple.
Except golf, which has been bad since it started. Not to detract from your point, but I guess I just did.

Volleyball champion. Basketball regular season and tournament champion. Soccer champion. Indoor T&F third place. XC third place. Bowling off a bit, but still top 20 in the country. Tennis 8th place with 5 of 7 conference losses being by a score of 3-4. Beach VB is getting better in their first full season.
nacluth
Haha. You're right about golf. I've conveniently forgotten them.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Haha. You're right about golf. I've conveniently forgotten them.
Understandable. They are bad. And, have been since the program started in 2009. We only have five on the roster, and played four in the last tournament. Women are allowed six scholarships. Men have 12 on the roster, and are allowed 4.5 scholarships.
nacluth
So your saying I should get my three daughters on the links? I'll just have to make my wife understand it's an investment in their education. Free money to be had.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

So your saying I should get my three daughters on the links? I'll just have to make my wife understand it's an investment in their education. Free money to be had.
Do it! (Good luck with the wife.)
SFAJack_76
Double header sweep of NSU including a come from behind win in the night cap. Ladyjacks are now 17-0 in SLC play, leading second place UCA by three games. They have won a school record sixteen games in a row, and 25 of the last 26.

Pay attention. They are good. They are really fun to watch.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Double header sweep of NSU including a come from behind win in the night cap. Ladyjacks are now 17-0 in SLC play, leading second place UCA by three games. They have won a school record sixteen games in a row, and 25 of the last 26.

Pay attention. They are good. They are really fun to watch.

The way they're playing now confuses me even more about the way the season started. I assume it was because of all of the new players on the team getting acclimated to college ball??
SFAJack_76
A few things.

It took a lot of changes for Dickson to get from the starting line up in the first game to where they are today. No fall ball kept her from getting players in game situations. Scrimmages simply aren't enough.The only real constant has been at 2b and 1b. She has continued to not be shy about making changes through the season. Unfortunately, our starting 3B hurt her knee sliding into second on a steal attempt yesterday. She is out for a period TBD.

The other is pitching. We have one of the best in the league in Wilbur. Due to injury, she was it at the start of the season. Govan stepped in as best she could. Chism has returned from a broken rib. She has only been moderately effective, but she has given Wilbur a few innings of relief. That plus a bunch of shortened, run rule games. Wilbur has pitched 82% of the innings in conference.

BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

A few things.

It took a lot of changes for Dickson to get from the starting line up in the first game to where they are today. No fall ball kept her from getting players in game situations. Scrimmages simply aren't enough.The only real constant has been at 2b and 1b. She has continued to not be shy about making changes through the season. Unfortunately, our starting 3B hurt her knee sliding into second on a steal attempt yesterday. She is out for a period TBD.

The other is pitching. We have one of the best in the league in Wilbur. Due to injury, she was it at the start of the season. Govan stepped in as best she could. Chism has returned from a broken rib. She has only been moderately effective, but she has given Wilbur a few innings of relief. That plus a bunch of shortened, run rule games. Wilbur has pitched 82% of the innings in conference.

Great insights. 76'. You rock.
SFAJack_76
Another series, another sweep. This time over NSU. Wilbur with another complete game shutout win today, to go 3-0 on the weekend while pitching 16.1 innings. She is 23-3 on the year, with an ERA of 1.00. Ladyjacks are 18-0 in conference. The team is 27-8 including a 17 game win streak. With UCA losing 2 of 3 to HBU, SFA has a four game lead with nine left to go. Remaining series are on the road at UCA and Sam, finishing with a home series against HBU.
SFAJack_76
Big series in Conway. UCA has two high quality pitchers to our one. HBU took 2 of 3 last weekend by scores of 1-0, and 2-1. We have a distinct hitting advantage. Sitting around waiting to play must be tough. Delayed from yesterday, and now pushed back today.
SFAJack_76
It was just a matter of time.
SFAJack_76
Wilbur with the complete game one hitter.

Don't know why they used a picture of Richards. She didn't play.
SFAJack_76
20-1 in conference after taking the series 2-1. Wilbur with two complete game shutouts. Chism and Mock pitched in the one loss. Five game lead with six to go.
SFAJack_76
Wilbur with the complete game shutout. Benson with a two run homer. Five game lead with five to go.
SFAJack_76
22-1. Wilbur with the 8 inning shutout to got to 27-3, and lower her ERA to 0.84. SLC champions with four games left.
SFAXE93
nacluth
I wonder what other team will have player and coach of the year? Surely there hasn't been the kind of dominant performance Wilbur has had in a long time.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

I wonder what other team will have player and coach of the year? Surely there hasn't been the kind of dominant performance Wilbur has had in a long time.
COY should be obvious, but it should have been in soccer also. POY and freshman of the year in WBB should have been obvious also. Who knows.

POY should be, in conference, 20-0, 0.64 ERA Wilbur. Govan and Garcia have had outstanding seasons also. Both batting over .400. Govan with 8 HR's, and Garcia with 6. Neither has made an error, with Govan at first, and Garcia splitting her time between RF and catcher.

I would not be surprised at more post season ridiculousness from the SLC.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
What an amazing turn around since Coach Dickson took over the program.

2021; 32-9; 23-1
2020; 19-4; 3-0 (Season Cancelled)
2019; 36-23; 18-9
2018; 31-24; 18-9
2017; 17-33; 9-15

SFAXE93
Is it me or is SFA not just dominating prison tech this season?

No wonder they hate us so much.

2021 SEASON

MEN SPORTS

BASEBALL: 2-1
BASKETBALL: 2-0
CROSS COUNTRY: 2ND PLACE/SHSU 9TH
FOOTBALL: HAVE NOT PLAYED YET
TRACK & FIELD: 1ST PLACE

WOMEN'S SPORTS

BOWLING: Not sure
CROSS COUNTRY: 3RD PLACE/SHSU 10TH
SOCCER: 1-0
SOFTBALL: 3-0; 1ST PLACE
TENNIS: 1-1
TRACK & FIELD: 3RD PLACE; SHSU 6TH
VOLLEYBALL: 1-0
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

Is it me or is SFA not just dominating prison tech this season?

No wonder they hate us so much.

2021 SEASON

MEN SPORTS

BASEBALL: 2-1
CROSS COUNTRY: 2ND PLACE/SHSU 9TH
FOOTBALL: HAVE NOT PLAYED YET
TRACK & FIELD: 1ST PLACE

WOMEN'S SPORTS

BOWLING: Not sure
CROSS COUNTRY: 3RD PLACE/SHSU 10TH
SOCCER: 1-0
SOFTBALL: 3-0; 1ST PLACE
TENNIS: 1-1
TRACK & FIELD: 3RD PLACE; SHSU 6TH
VOLLEYBALL: 1-0
Add women's basketball. 2-0 and first place.
Volleyball and soccer also won championships.

They have a slight edge in bowling rpi. 17 to 24 in the country. I am pretty sure we bowled them head to head, but haven't tried looking it up. They did dominate golf.
Pilotgirl
Yeah, we dominated the entire CONF in Women's Basketball. Girls are ready to go back and get that NCAA tourney win, too!
SFAXE93
How did I forget? Just added.
SFAJack_76
Final regular series at home this Friday (DH) and Saturday against a decent HBU team. HBU took two of three a couple of weeks ago against second place UCA. SLC tournament starts on Tuesday at SLU. As the one seed, we play our first game on Wednesday.

SFA holds the first place position, while UCA sits just behind them. That made me laugh.
SFAXE93

Beat HBU today 1-0 to take the series 2 games to 1 and improved to 34-10; 25-2; RPI: #94

Tourney Time!

May 11 (Tues.) in Hammond.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.