SFA volleyball Great Passes

2,835 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.ktre.com/2019/06/21/east-texas-volleyball-legend-dies/
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
In addition to the volleyball accolades, Ms. Scotty was an accomplished quilter. My wife got to know her through the Lufkin quilt guild. Because of that relationship, I got to meet Scotty on a few occasions. She was always personable, pleasant, humble, and simply a joy to visit with. Please take the time to read the story in the post above. Special lady, and a very dear friend to SFA. She is missed.
SFAJack_76
For those that wanted to know..

Memorial services for Alnet Scott Scotty Bailess , 89, formerly of Huntington TX, will be held Saturday July 20, 2019 at 11 am at Huntington First Baptist Church, 702 N Main St, Huntington TX, 75949, with Dr Darryl Smith officiating, with a luncheon and fellowship following the memorial service. Visitation will be held Thursday, July 18,2019, at Carroway Funeral Home, 2704 South John Reddit Drive, Lufkin TX, 75904 from 3-7 pm. Private family graveside services will be held in Broaddus. In lieu of flowers, Memorial contributions made be made to the Benson and Scotty Bailess Volleyball Scholarship Fund, C/O Huntington High School, PO Box 328, Huntington TX, 75949, the East Texas Food Bank C/O FBC Huntington, or the Huntington Garden Club @ 936-422-4523

Please feel free to come honor and remember our mother's life and memory and see the "Trophies" that meant the most to her, her children
SFAJack_76
We were able to attend the memorial service. Amazing women with a very good family.

SFA coach Debbie Humphreys was asked by the family to speak. She did an absolutely outstanding job. I continue to be impressed with the quality of women and men that we have as coaches.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.