Transfer

6,054 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SFAJack_76
tangerito
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just saw this on Twitter
Minnesota graduate transfer Davonte Fitzgerald has selected to play his last season for @coach_keller12 and the Lumberjacks. The 6'8 Forward was originally with Keller at Texas A&M. #SouthlandStrong #AxeEm
MasterAxe
tangerito said:

Just saw this on Twitter
Minnesota graduate transfer Davonte Fitzgerald has selected to play his last season for @coach_keller12 and the Lumberjacks. The 6'8 Forward was originally with Keller at Texas A&M. #SouthlandStrong #AxeEm

Looked at his bio, hasn't played much due to injury, which means 1 of 2 things...

1). He's fresh
2.) he's injury prone
TallTexan
I'm pretty excited about this transfer.
No-look
Sounds good!
Jacks4460
James Banks granted his request to transfer from UT...
TallTexan
Jacks4460 said:

James Banks granted his request to transfer from UT...
We're getting kind of full, but it'd be interesting to land a true center big man. It's funny, wife and I were watching Texas game this season & Banks came in for mop up duty, and I asked her, why do kids like him go to UT to sit the bench behind first rounders when they could go to a mid major & be a celebrity for life & develop with actual playing time.

Maybe it was a sign.
sfa17
Texas collects players like baseball cards. They will take a player just so u can't have him. Same with a&m they sent out like 20 offers or something ridiculous # this season.
SFASawmillGuy
Honestly I agree that we're kind of full. And we don't need to do anything to effect Jovan from getting his starting job back.
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

Texas collects players like baseball cards. They will take a player just so u can't have him. Same with a&m they sent out like 20 offers or something ridiculous # this season.
If that's their approach, they should try something new. It aint working.
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

sfa17 said:

If that's their approach, they should try something new. It aint working.
They do the same this with top 10 football recruits. Still ain't working.
SFAJack_76
sfa17 said:

They have 13 basketball scholarships they can fill just like SFA and every other D1 school. Not sure what your point is.
SFASawmillGuy
SFAJack_76 said:

sfa17 said:

They have 13 basketball scholarships they can fill just like SFA and every other D1 school. Not sure what your point is.
They recruit the best players period. Not the best players for them or what they need. They have the power to literally look at the top 13 recruits in the nation and take all of them just because they're UT.

Taking the best overall players isn't always the best move, but it's what they do.

Also they have 13 scholarships available and they actually use all 13 of them. We actually use like 2 or 3 of ours each year.
sfa17
SFAJack_76 said:

what i mean is that they literally go after every player regardless of fit. take at look at how A&M recruits.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Season/2018-Basketball/Offers

40 offers for 2018
are they recruiting the players or just stars? I bet their coach didnt even talk to half of those recruits.

Do you know how many spots they have left for 2018? 2 and that is after only 1 of the 40 offers committed
SFAJack_76
SFA_03 said:

Also they have 13 scholarships available and they actually use all 13 of them. We actually use like 2 or 3 of ours each year.
Um, what? We had 13 scholarship players before Mack left the team.
SFASawmillGuy
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA_03 said:

Um, what? We had 13 scholarship players before Mack left the team.
I mean they will bring in a lot more freshmen every year than we do. They literally get a huge pool of players to choose from.
TallTexan
They might get an extra walk on or two, but as far as basketball goes, they're still limited to the same number of total scholarship at a time that we are.

But they're gonna have 3 and 4 star guys sitting the bench at any given time. Heck, I'd imagine that sometimes at Kentucky, Kansas or Duke they've got a 5 star guy stashed on the bench.

Now football, that's another story, the Texas & A&M football teams get a large number of walkons who could easily play at the FCS level.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Now football, that's another story, the Texas & A&M football teams get a large number of walkons who could easily play at the FCS level.
Yes they do. One of them is at SFA right now because he believes he can be the starting QB.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.