Story Poster
Stephen F. Austin Basketball

Kyle Keller, players break down 97-62 mauling of Central Arkansas

February 22, 2018

WATCH: Stephen F. Austin head coach Kyle Keller, forwards TJ Holyfield and Leon Gilmore III discuss the Lumberjacks' blowout victory over the UCA Bears in Nacogdoches.

Kyle Keller, players break down 97-62 mauling of Central Arkansas

8,656 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by djsfw57
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can't get this to load. What part does load it keeps repeating. Someone work their magic and fix it. Lol
SFA Jack Fanatic
That was by far the best presser this year! Leon is playing the best ball he's ever done at SFA. He's in beast mode at just the right time. And TJ just keeps on being TJ -- steady good. Amazing that before he graduates he will be the statistical leader in numerous categories. And we've been privileged to be able to observe it.

The love between Coach K and his players -- and vice versa -- is amazing to glean and watch. I hope that all of the ridiculous "fire the coach" nonsense can be put to bed now. He knows how to coach and motivate at a very high level.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Can't get this to load. What part does load it keeps repeating. Someone work their magic and fix it. Lol
Sounds like it's time to ditch that Commodore 64 of yours and invest in a modern computer.
No-look
P0Can't get this to load. What part does load it keeps repeating. Someone work their magic and fix it. Lol
No-look
edstile said:

No-look said:

Sounds like it's time to ditch that Commodore 64 of yours and invest in a modern computer.
But it's the one my daddy and granddaddy used. Lol
nacluth
Still loads fine here. Sorry.

Love the love in the locker room. Let's do the same for 3 more games. I can't wait for Saturday!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

That was by far the best presser this year! Leon is playing the best ball he's ever done at SFA. He's in beast mode at just the right time. And TJ just keeps on being TJ -- steady good. Amazing that before he graduates he will be the statistical leader in numerous categories. And we've been privileged to be able to observe it.

The love between Coach K and his players -- and vice versa -- is amazing to glean and watch. I hope that all of the ridiculous "fire the coach" nonsense can be put to bed now. He knows how to coach and motivate at a very high level.
Spot on about Leon. Thank goodness he got right with whatever the issues were before the season. This would not be the same team without him.

Bogues with five assists and no turnovers. Big for this game and going forward. Team over individual is often cliche, but I believe it with this team.

Canete's defense on Howard in the second half does not show in the box score, but it was outstanding. Canete had his haters early in the season. He will have a couple of wth moments in every game, but what he brings on both ends of the court way outweigh those.
nacluth
I agree about Canete. Watching him last night live, I thought this was one of his best games. He was very active.
Jacks4460
Being a coaches son and around sports my whole life. Coach Keller will be very sucessful. I say this because I can feel the true caring he has for his players. He knows everything about them and they know that. The players that have love for the coach like they do for coach K will be the main RECRUITERS for us.. I really think we are on to something good with Keller..He also knows his X's and O's.
Gazette1
I agree with you today jacks 4460. Lol! I hope that you are right. I selfishly want and NCAA bid.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Canete had his haters early in the season. He will have a couple of wth moments in every game, but what he brings on both ends of the court way outweigh those.

Early season Canete hater here -- present and accounted for. Please forgive me, Ivan. I know not what I was thinking.... (Some of those nacluth guitar-making super glue fumes must have drifted down here to the coast.)
djsfw57
TJ looks like he's at a wake almost the entire time. Looked down at the table unless he was speaking. Kind of looked like he didn't want to be there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.