SFA / UCA Part 2

21,989 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm not even checking in on the prediction thread. I give up.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFA Jack Fanatic
I repeat... How in the H*** did this bunch beat us??? They look like an HBU, UIW, or Northwestern State.
TallTexan
Our 2nd string is playing like it's a 2 point game. Love the effort.
KirkHeath12
I'm greedy. Get 100 on them
SFA Jack Fanatic
Sweet revenge #1 of the week! Bring on Lamar.
fortWorthJack
One thing is for certain right now. If you are in the SLC, you do NOT want to play this SFA team. They are playing balanced basketball and are getting the shots they want pretty much anytime anywhere.
nsubroski
INiedrauer said:

nsubroski said:

edstile said:

SFA_03 said:

Nicholls really wants to be the outright champions.
Just curious... How many of Nicholls' key players are seniors?
All but two the back up center and PG. We have been relying on grad transfers while at slowly adding freshman pieces at the same time. Kind of like what Rebow did when he signed the entire Last Chance U team. Its not a bad strategy however considering the lack of talent in the area around Thib, and the fact that this is our best season since like 1998.
Honestly the basketball strategy has been very much like the football one over there. It's working so I can't fault Nicholls for it. As long as there's a coach that can manage the character concerns, and in both cases, that appears to be the case.
Football we've changed a bit to farm the local talent (have by far the most LA kids in the nation). I don't mind the transfers or whatever as much as some might however, better then getting destroyed every game like we were for a while. Our AD seems to be much better run then when I was there (I did a sport and it was a complete ****show with the old AD).

Also thanks for welcoming me to the conversation, hard to find a good place to talk SLC hoops especially. BTW been to y'alls campus it is very beautiful.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Yeah. It's a shame that we only play the LA schools once. Ridiculous SLC schedule! No one could beat us twice.
TallTexan
nsubroski said:

Also thanks for welcoming me to the conversation, hard to find a good place to talk SLC hoops especially. BTW been to y'alls campus it is very beautiful.
Well, we're always happy to talk basketball. Now we do hope you guys go home brokenhearted from Katy, but no hard feelings, it's just business.
nsubroski
TallTexan said:

nsubroski said:

Well, we're always happy to talk basketball. Now we do hope you guys go home brokenhearted from Katy, but no hard feelings, it's just business.
No worries we'll just do what we did to you guys in football .
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks make it a clean sweep over the Sugar Bears!
nacluth
Came up at halftime. Just kept pouring it on! The defense just worked and worked. No quitting up 30 or 40. We're on a mission.

Five for five on double digit halftime leads since Lamar. Gilmore again the man of the match. No one anywhere wants to fight him for 40. Bogues is on another plane. Kevon looks like that injury is still slowing him, but he's working through it every game. Passing was so crisp tonight.

Come on Lamar. We want you now.
BigJack85
Awesome performance. Just what we needed.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
nsubroski said:

TallTexan said:

nsubroski said:

No worries we'll just do what we did to you guys in football .
We have another thread where some of us think we should just ditch the football team, so we'll be ok as long as we get to go dancin next month.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Came up at halftime. Just kept pouring it on! The defense just worked and worked. No quitting up 30 or 40. We're on a mission.

Five for five on double digit halftime leads since Lamar. Gilmore again the man of the match. No one anywhere wants to fight him for 40. Bogues is on another plane. Kevon looks like that injury is still slowing him, but he's working through it every game. Passing was so crisp tonight.

Come on Lamar. We want you now.
I think we finally beat the Nacluth 1st half curse.
jboy93
Was too late to enter a guess on the contest...oh well would not have been close anyway! Way to go Jacks and let's do the same Saturday!!!
nacluth
TallTexan said:

Well technically I watched the first half online. It seems to go south when I don't watch at all. I'm committed to the Lumberjacks for the rest of the season. They won't lose because of me.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

TallTexan said:

Well technically I watched the first half online. It seems to go south when I don't watch at all. I'm committed to the Lumberjacks for the rest of the season. They won't lose because of me.
So, you were in church and watching the game online during choir practice? And you were not struck by lightning??
nacluth
It was the old phone in the hollowed out hymnal trick.

Actually, since we have young kids, on Wednesdays my wife and I switch out who goes which week, so I got to stay and watch the first half on TV. As soon as she drives in, it's like a relay switch trying to fit both cars through the driveway at once.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
sfaguy

wE jUst doNT lOoK liKe a wEll coAcHEd tEam liKe wHen oL' dAnNy waS heRe
BigJack85
s***uy said:

wE jUst doNT lOoK liKe a wEll coAcHEd tEam liKe wHen oL' dAnNy waS heRe

Ok. I give. I've been a skeptic. I'm starting to believe.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
djsfw57
Boy am I glad I watched the game. They were on fire last night. I am really impressed with the growth we've seen in Gilmore. Someone has been doing some serious player development. Bogues makes me crazy. I scream like a 12 year old when he gets going. Hard not to think about what next year could be like....

PS Comeaux was also hot last night. Hope we see that a lot more from him.
TallTexan
That would have been a super fun game to see in person. They were throwing it down all night.
SFAXE93
Starting to win by big margins again like we used to.

Last 4 games

97-50
87-68
81-70
97-62
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

That would have been a super fun game to see in person. They were throwing it down all night.
It was!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.