Story Poster
Photo by Isaac Niedrauer, The Sawmill
Stephen F. Austin Basketball

SFA's Keller, Bogues, Canete talk 97-50 thrashing of Demons

February 10, 2018

Lumberjacks head coach Kyle Keller, senior Ivan Canete, junior Shannon Bogues break down throttling of Northwestern State at William R. Johnson Coliseum.

SFA's Keller, Bogues, Canete talk 97-50 thrashing of Demons

6,452 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jacks4460
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ivan trying to coach the team during the game and Shannon becoming the coach at the end of the presser. I love it!
SFAXE93
Always love to hear Coach and the players speak after a game, thanks.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFA Jack Fanatic
Comments from NSU coach Mike McConathy after the game: "We came in here and beat them last year, and nobody's won here since. No doubt they were loaded up for bear, and you cannot say enough about how well they played, how well they shot, how well they defended, and how well they took advantage of our breakdowns. Bogues had a fantastic night to ignite them and they took off.

"I felt like we were building, but we hit a wall tonight, We had the ball Wednesday night in the last seconds with a chance to beat a good Lamar team, but tonight we wilted. We were too timid throughout."

"They got the ball and jammed it down our throat. We were continually caught in what they call no-man's land in tennis, a poor place to defend. They just torched us."

"We didn't see this coming in no way, shape or form. Here's the irony. We had great practices Thursday and Friday, we were locked in. We competed for the first eight minutes or so and then hit the wall and SFA hit the afterburners."
Gazette1
We finally played a complete game. We need to continue to get better and to continue to take care of our business. If we do so we should get one of the top two seeds. The schedule favors us. We cannot look past teams in this conference. That is what killed us last year. We weren't prepared for Northwestern State last year because we were looking ahead to the Sam Houston game. The coach once admitted that he sometimes looks past teams to get ready for an opponent in the future. Having said that, we have to win that road game against Corpus Wednesday. Good work Isaac. Go Jacks!
nacluth
I like that these guys seem to love Keller. Shannon in the blazer is priceless. So glad we have another year of the Shannon Bogues show.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

I like that these guys seem to love Keller. Shannon in the blazer is priceless. So glad we have another year of the Shannon Bogues show.
I suggested to Mrs. Coach on twitter that she should hide all the other blazers this week, because the purple one is where it's at.
Jacks4460
nacluth said:

This along with being a winner is why I say we need to tie Coach K down to a longer term deal.. When your players love you like the Jacks love him then they will do anything for him..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.