SFA / SHSU

19,863 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TallTexan
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ivan gone
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
INiedrauer
Staff
On a night with no Kevon and virtually no TJ, can't ask for much more.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFAXE93
Shannon with a quiet 23 points
SFAXE93
Shannon just shy of back to back 30
fortWorthJack
So apparently you can't catch the ball in the air and land. Sorry Leon that was a bewildering call. Great win.
PurpleOut
Staff
fortWorthJack said:

So apparently you can't catch the ball in the air and land. Sorry Leon that was a bewildering call. Great win.
I don't think I've ever seen that. He literally just came down with the ball after a pass.

Great win tonight. If you would have told me we would get 0 buckets from Kevon and TJ, with very few minutes from Canete...I think we'd probably lose.

There's nobody in the league that can stay in front of Shannon, and Sam has some good defenders.

Crowd was great, no real complaints. I still wish our students would try to make real noise when we're on defense instead of just sitting on their hands, but, what can you do.
RedRiverLa
And limited Ivan. It's the fouls way outside that just don't make sense, if the trap is not there, don't force it!
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
Great win and glad for Coach Keller and the OSU 10. Atmosphere was electric
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
I thought he looked slimmer too. He looked like the same guy that passed to Walkup for that dunk against San two years ago - seemed just as thin.
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
Great win. Our B team is better than their A team.

I thought Gru put in quality minutes when we needed him. He was not a liability like he's been in the past. Sammy is developing into a decent post guy - next year I hope he'll be a tough guy to move. Great win for Keller. Nice win for the home crowd. As good as it's been in a long time.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
Nicholls down. Only 2 loss teams now.
nacluth
Official numbers 7,081. Thanks to all of you!
nacluth
We shot 66% from the field, 40% from 3. Out rebounded them 33-23, double their assists, but we had 21 TO's to 10.
PurpleOut
Staff
I hope everyone that was there tonight enjoyed the game and atmosphere. There isn't any reason to have less than 6,000 people for any remaining home game.
MasterAxe
Handful of thoughts

1.) TJ Holyfield, 1st Team "in foul trouble"
2.) Harris health has me worried
3.) OMG Shannon Bogues
4.) I love mad Jason Hooten
5.) I love mad Kyle Keller
6.) incredible atmosphere
7.) LOL at Hooten (part 2)
8.) Thinner TY (at least he looks it) is peak TY

I believe that should cover it.
PurpleOut
Staff
Hooten is such a clown. He's supposedly very different off the court, but his antics every year on the sideline never cease to amaze me.

I turned on the post game late, was Kevon mentioned?
SFAXE93
On his twitter he said that he would get well soon, no details.
No-look
Who got Player of the Game?
nacluth
Shannon was Player of the Game, but it could have gone to Charles.
nacluth
I want it like this always.

SFAJack_76
Must give some props to Bain also. I thought he contributed a very effective ten minutes. If he continues to progress, he could be very important giving 10-15 minutes per game. Ty looked fit and confident. Our two point guards were very solid on both ends of the floor. Bogues .... wow.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Must give some props to Bain also. I thought he contributed a very effective ten minutes. If he continues to progress, he could be very important giving 10-15 minutes per game.
I agree. I think Nate "arrived" tonight. He looked the way that he did when he first got to SFA and before his injuries hit.

And a possible side benefit of the electric atmosphere tonight... I think a lot of students may have become real Jack basketball fans tonight -- those who had been lackadaisical before and those newer students who were just not knowledgeable about or appreciative of the great product that SFA basketball is. I agree that attendance should be great the rest of the home games.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Crowd was great, no real complaints. I still wish our students would try to make real noise when we're on defense instead of just sitting on their hands, but, what can you do.

What can you do? It's pretty simple, electric shock callers if the decibel level drops too low. We'd have the loudest crowd in the country.
RedRiverLa
I loved seeing the student section next to me full.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFAXE93
RedRiverLa
There are many things I'm really digging about Keller. Even down to the way he handles the losses. It's a pretty tough act to follow coming in here with a bar that was set ridiculously high. Even Kentucky's expectations don't seem as high sometimes as we/I have. But last night...the fire he showed, the passion, the TF, the pulling off of the jacket as every assistant jumped up in concert to hold him back, and the encouragement he was shouting on every play. There's no denying his team came out hyped to the max. It's how players want to be coached. Even the strategic moves all worked. I mean, even Gru gave us quality minutes at the right time. (As a side, the only reason he walked was because 3 sam players fouled the heck out of him, but refs were consistently bad both ways) I personally loved the fire. I watched him more last night during game action than I have in the past. It was pure passion. I think we all fed off it. I think we all are learning how much respect this guy has in National coaching circles. No question this is the right coach for this moment in time in NAC.
Lumberjack Battalion
INiedrauer
Staff
For what its worth, there were multiple prospective recruits on unofficial visits in the house last night. A nice display for future Lumberjacks.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

No-look
Any Silsbee guards?
TallTexan
INiedrauer said:

For what its worth, there were multiple prospective recruits on unofficial visits in the house last night. A nice display for future Lumberjacks.
That's worth a lot, IMO to come to a game with such a crowd. Makes a big difference. Question, people do ratings of 1-350+ of college basketball all the time. Anyone bothered to rank the homecourt advantage/atmostphere yet? I'd have to think we're top 100 in the country atleast.
SFA Jack Fanatic
INiedrauer said:

Sweet! No better game than that one to bring them in.
nacluth
Our bench scored 69 points singlehandedly beating Sam Houston.
BigJack85
edstile said:

Just met BigJack85 and jboy93. The gang's all here! Axe 'em!

Next time we need to do a pre game Sawmill intro!! Great meeting you Ed!!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
MasterAxe
To purposely beat a dead horse...

Did some snooping over at KATFans at Sam Houston.

This is terrific, a whole thread dedicated to Hooten.

They love Jason Hooten

Hooten vs SFA

Sam Houston Total Points - 865 (57.7 PPG)
SFA Total Points - 1,028 (68.5 PPG)

1-14 Overall

67-66 Loss
58-47 Loss
68-46 Loss

50-44 Loss
57-42 Loss

67-60 Loss
68-49 Loss

79-68 Loss
64-55 Loss
83-70 Loss

76-64 Loss
81-64 Loss

72-63 Win
65-56 Loss

82-66 Loss
TallTexan
Turns out, there's more than one way to skin a bearkat.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.