SFA / UIW

26,204 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RedRiverLa
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

edstile said:

The "Prime Time" commercial for the NBA on ESPN3 is just aboutthe most annoying commercial I've ever seen.
The Lil Jon "Turn Down For What" commercial will never be topped in my book. That's the only down fall of ESPN3, just a few commercials over and over. And over.
..and over......

Thankful for a Mute button.
SFA Jack Fanatic
But the TV broadcasting students at SFA really do a fantastic job!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks now tied for the league lead!! Not a bad performance tonight. No complaints. On to ACU. Hope we can carry this good play on the road.
nacluth
Technically still a half game behind Nicholls and UNO, but the right number of losses. We take care of business, we'll be fine. The other teams are going to start beating each other up.
PurpleOut
Staff
Not a bad performance at all. Not the best, but good enough for a 20 point win.

Huge week coming up, @ACU and @UCA.
RedRiverLa
Just a good, bring your lunch bucket to work and get the job done game. Nothing spectacular, but it doesn't need to be. Some nice fireworks from Bogues and nice to see Leon with some good work under the basket. Never felt like this one was going to be close.
nacluth
Nice to meet you Ron besides the fact I'm now winning the Sawmiller bingo. If I can just meet Matt, I'll complete the diagonal.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
RedRiverLa
So a couple of off beat questions. Where was our home announcer and when did the piano trill after the made free throws go? Don't know why I just noticed that.
RedRiverLa
You too, Ryan. Next time, enough about basketball, I want to hear the Hedges' stories. That's too cool.
nacluth
Sorry. Right after you left I realized I had Michael Watts - a very acclaimed guitarist in his own right - in mind. No, Hedges died before I picked up building - though I too love his music. I do know personally George Lowden, Steve Klein, and Ervin Somogyi who all built him guitars. Some guys are gone too soon.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
No-look
Lighting was great!
pa guy
Wanna say thanks to the public address announcer who filled in for me with very little notice. I hate missing games but my mother had a terrible fall early this morning and long story short, we are now in Hospice. Tough day, but it was great to see the Jacks get another great win. It lifted spirits here at the hospital. Axe 'em!!
nacluth
Sorry to hear that Danny. Your replacement was decent for a sub, but you've got a gift. It really helps to create an atmosphere. Hope to have you back soon.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAXE93
4,700 people
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
nacluth
SFAXE93 said:

4,700 people
Better! I couldn't sit in my normal spot because there were a few more people in the corners than usual. That's nice to see. Get a hyped crowd for the Sam game, and that should mean a solid 5k+ the rest of the way.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA88
pa guy said:

Wanna say thanks to the public address announcer who filled in for me with very little notice. I hate missing games but my mother had a terrible fall early this morning and long story short, we are now in Hospice. Tough day, but it was great to see the Jacks get another great win. It lifted spirits here at the hospital. Axe 'em!!

Very sorry to hear about your mother. Hopefully, they will keep her comfortable in her final days.
INiedrauer
Staff
pa guy said:

I'm really sorry to hear this. Prayers with you and your family. Your voice was missed tonight for sure.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

RedRiverLa
pa guy said:

you are in our thoughts and prayers You're one of the best PA guys have ever heard and are a reason the atmosphere at WRJ is so fun...definitely missed you tonight. You would have owned the baby races
RedRiverLa
nacluth said:

Sorry. Right after you left I realized I had Michael Watts - a very acclaimed guitarist in his own right - in mind. No, Hedges died before I picked up building - though I too love his music. I do know personally George Lowden, Steve Klein, and Ervin Somogyi who all built him guitars. Some guys are gone too soon.
way too soon. Hedges just blew my mind and I don't know that I've used standard tuning much since I first heard him in the 80s. He was from another planet.
INiedrauer
Staff
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFA Jack Fanatic
pa guy said:

Sorry to hear that, Sir. Prayers for her and the family. You are the best! I especially enjoy your calls on 'threeeeeee'.
RedRiverLa
Another league leading great crowd even when the school Is on break. So I'm still not convinced these numbers are actual in-seat numbers. Good crowd last night, but If the arena holds 7203 in the basketball setup, I find it hard to believe the coliseum was 65% full last night. Way too many sections on the side and ends completely open and many rows completely empty in other areas. I was a gm in the Giants baseball organization for a double A team and we had turnstile numbers and attendance. Turnstile was In the seats and attendance counted all tickets sold (which included season ticket holders not there). We were required to announce/report the latter. I have to think it's the second number that's getting reported? No complaints whatsoever about the crowd or attendance, it can get rocking no matter the size. And the fan experience with the new board is phenomenal. The ingame marketing people should be commended. I can't wait to experience another SRO like we had against SHSU a couple of years back. There's no better atmosphere. Unquestionably the best in the Southland, and far better than many others that proclaim to be basketball schools.
sfa17
4,699 is a huge number sometimes we cant even get that much with student on campus
djsfw57
pa guy said:

Sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my prayers.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Want to add my thoughts and prayers to paguy Danny. I hope you are blessed with the great and compassionate kind of folks that looked after my mother (and father) during her hospice care.
BigJack85
I'll never complain about our crowds. When we are good we outperform the rest of the conference X5. A couple of good wins get the pot stirred. Like to see 6500 against Sam.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
RedRiverLa
Not complaining, just curious about the actual number. I'd like to see 7203 in the seats.
RedRiverLa
As a side, if you want to know what it feels like to be a saints fan for the last 50 Years...that last play about sums it up
TallTexan
RedRiverLa said:

Another league leading great crowd even when the school Is on break. So I'm still not convinced these numbers are actual in-seat numbers. Good crowd last night, but If the arena holds 7203 in the basketball setup, I find it hard to believe the coliseum was 65% full last night. Way too many sections on the side and ends completely open and many rows completely empty in other areas. I was a gm in the Giants baseball organization for a double A team and we had turnstile numbers and attendance. Turnstile was In the seats and attendance counted all tickets sold (which included season ticket holders not there). We were required to announce/report the latter. I have to think it's the second number that's getting reported? No complaints whatsoever about the crowd or attendance, it can get rocking no matter the size. And the fan experience with the new board is phenomenal. The ingame marketing people should be commended. I can't wait to experience another SRO like we had against SHSU a couple of years back. There's no better atmosphere. Unquestionably the best in the Southland, and far better than many others that proclaim to be basketball schools.
I'm gonna guess it's tickets sold, I took a look at the bigger teams around Texas, and it has things like UT averaging 10k for the season. They have some games that don't even match our turnstile attendance, so I doubt they average 10k on the year. But I bet they sell a heck of a lot of season tickets though.

I think if we ever get to a point where we average 4700 turnstile every game, we're going to have on of the best atmosphere's in the country.
RedRiverLa
No doubt. Looking for a great atmosphere coming up against SHSU

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.