SFA / UIW

26,044 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RedRiverLa
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA (14-3; 3-1) vs. UIW (5-9; 0-4)

WHEN: JAN 13 (SAT) 6:00PM
WHERE: SAWMILL
TV: ESPN3

UIW has lost 6 straight with 5 of those games by 11 or more points, with a perfect 0-7 record on the road.

SR:4
JR:4
SO:2
FR:3

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
PurpleOut
Staff
This one should not be close. I don't know where the crowd was tonight. Even with the students out, we should have better attendance. Really frustrating for me.
nacluth
Best attendance of the year was not good? 4,200 people without the bulk of students. I couldn't make it until after halftime, but walking in (uncounted) I was impressed at the turnout. I thought we got pumped at the end of the game.
cboothe09
I watched the postgame conference, and Keller mentioned there were 4k there. Couldn't tell from the TV broadcast, but hey, I'll take it.

I do expect some big crowds. Maybe not Saturday against UIW, but from then on the crowds should be pretty good.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Best attendance of the year was not good? 4,200 people without the bulk of students. I couldn't make it until after halftime, but walking in (uncounted) I was impressed at the turnout. I thought we got pumped at the end of the game.
I was going to comment on that. Sorry but there's no way that's accurate. And perception on TV was silent.
nacluth
Seemed accurate to me. Anyone else that was there want to comment? Parking lot was pretty darn full.
PurpleOut
Staff
Maybe, that's just how it looks on TV. Didn't look close to half full, and half would be around 3,500. But regardless, I just want it to be louder.
nacluth
I hear you Matt. Crowd experience can definitely improve. I think I've been to every game save on this year and most for the past 5 years. This was good not great. At the end, the place got hyped. Charles' and 1 made everyone stand and yell. The subsequent TO that Canete got a hold of with the outlet to Kevon for the dunk made the place go bananas. New Orleans didn't want any part of it.

I don't like that they are now turning off all the lights except for the floor lights. It makes the crowd disappear. I know that they are going for mood, but I've always liked the crowd shots with the lights on. The crowd stays more engaged with itself. It's easier to get up when you can see everyone else get up. Hopefully at the UIW game with students, the place will get a little more live.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
INiedrauer
Staff
Yeah, it definitely was about half full or slightly over. Late arriving crowd though.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

RedRiverLa
I agree about the crowd lights. I don't like it at all.
INiedrauer
Staff
Hate to say it but I totally disagree. I love the dimmed lights. Love. Wish they would have done that years ago. Makes the whole place look more full and electric.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFAXE93
I agree on the dimmed lights
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
BigJack85
I also like The dimmed lights.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
Don't like the dimmed lights. Makes me thing of the country song Dim Lights, Thick Smoke and Loud Loud music. Lol. But seriously to me it dampens the mood. I go to a lot of high school games and there are a few gyms that are a dead zone. No croud and dark paint and lighting....WRJ is definitely NOT a dead zone but I wish they would turn up the lights a little..... First World problems I guess. Lol.
PurpleOut
Staff
I haven't noticed a difference on TV, but the place has always been darker than the average arena. Which I always liked. I can see why some wouldn't like it though.
Txjack
SFAXE93 said:

SFA (14-3; 3-1) vs. UIW (5-9; 0-4)

WHEN: JAN 13 (SAT) 6:00PM
WHERE: SAWMILL
TV: ESPN3

UIW has lost 6 straight with 5 of those games by 11 or more points, with a perfect 0-7 record on the road.

SR:4
JR:4
SO:2
FR:3

Just hope we don't "play down to them"...we are due a conf. game blow out.
TallTexan
Big fan of the dimmed lights. Makes the court really light up. But we definitely need more lasers to take advantage of the dimmed lights.
MasterAxe
Can we just beat the heck out of these guys.

Let's not make this any harder than it should
nacluth
I'm with you. This is the time to dominate.
SFASawmillGuy
No less than a 30 point win. We need to have a game to get us back in our pre-conference form. If we played half as good against any of the SLC teams as we did against LSU and Mizzou, we'd be absolutely in control of this league.
nacluth
Well since haslametrics.com correctly picked the 10 point win over UNO, I'll ride with them on a 25 point win over UIW.

Side note: I drive by the Holiday Inn where all the teams stay on my way to work. UNO were there early Tuesday, but this morning early UIW were already there. Seems like a long prep period to be in Nac. Maybe they want to get used to what a real basketball college town is like.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Well since haslametrics.com correctly picked the 10 point win over UNO, I'll ride with them on a 25 point win over UIW.

Side note: I drive by the Holiday Inn where all the teams stay on my way to work. UNO were there early Tuesday, but this morning early UIW were already there. Seems like a long prep period to be in Nac. Maybe they want to get used to what a real basketball college town is like.
They wanted three straight days of Auntie Pasta's.
nacluth
Quote:

Hmm...you've given me an idea.
No-look
nacluth said:

LWell since haslametrics.com correctly picked the 10 point win over UNO, I'll ride with them on a 25 point win over UIW.

Maybe they wanted to see the tall skyscrapers or spend some time on the beach. Lol.
SFASawmillGuy
nacluth said:

Quote:

I haven't had Auntie Pasta's in 2 years and now I really want Auntie Pasta's.
INiedrauer
Staff
I sort of expected teams would be at the Fredonia now that it's reopened
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

nacluth
Fredonia is booked up this weekend due to two big conventions, but I typically see most teams at the Holiday Inn. Sometimes at Hampton.
RedRiverLa
Have stayed at the Fredonia twice. Nicely renovated, but I'm sure holiday inn is much better for the athletic budget.
RedRiverLa
Well, I'm okay with you disagreeing, but totally, sure, that hurts a little. The reason I don't like them is it, to me, brings more of a separation between the fans and players, kind of like a theater. To me, lights on makes you feel more connected to the court as opposed to some audience watching. I've been to many SEC and BIG 10 venues as I'm sure others have and they are lights on, and the crowd gets raucous. Of course this is a minor thing, but half the season ticket holders in our section are still wondering why we didnt pay the electric bill. Course, a lot of these people are also wondering why we played the Pilgrams each week in football.
sfajack05
Hopefully with school starting on Tuesday there will be more students. If there was a pregame atmosphere like a tailgate I think that would definitely get more students out or have someone from Pilgrims Pride stand outside and hand out $20 bills.

The one thing I have always hated is how spread out the fans, especially the students, have been. Just sit where you want. I know they have made that purple haze section and I'm sure it's been discussed before (just got back on the board this season) but why they hell did they move it away from the opposing bench.

Anyway I hope for a 30+ Point blowout this game and really every game but until they start to play like they did during the last part of non-conference I'll go with a 17 point win.

I definitely need to make it down for more games this year.
RedRiverLa
We'll be at both games tomorrow. Could use a good blowout in both, But that's what I thought about NSU. Just want a non-cardiac win
nacluth
Game day!!! For those of you interested, the Texas Ornithological Society is having their annual conference here in town this weekend. I will leading a field trip this afternoon from 3:30 until about 8 that will show how local foresters have been decimating the Central Texas Cardinals. Popcorn, hot dogs, and drinks will be available. Rally Point will be in the SFA Commuter lot.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
INiedrauer
Staff
nacluth said:

Game day!!! For those of you interested, the Texas Ornithological Society is having their annual conference here in town this weekend. I will leading a field trip this afternoon from 3:30 until about 8 that will show how local foresters have been decimating the Central Texas Cardinals. Popcorn, hot dogs, and drinks will be available. Rally Point will be in the SFA Commuter lot.

Post of the day.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

I was a little slow on the uptake, but I finally got it. Try to dumb it down a little for me next time, Ryan.
RedRiverLa
So im dining at CCs and sitting uncomfortably close to the Kyle Keller cut out. It's like he's saying, "you gonna eat those fries?" while giving me a very judging look with that one-sided smile.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.