SFA / Northwestern State

28,354 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TallTexan
cboothe09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Mizzou, LSU, and LA Tech are past history, so is SELA and NSU. It's done and over and time to move on.

The sky isn't falling. We are going to be just fine. I think we have issues getting up for the bad teams, but when it comes to UNO, Lamar, or anyone else we will be fine.
fortWorthJack
Today we shot 0% from 3. And we waisted like 17 possessions on them. UNO will eat our lunch next week.
RedRiverLa
Unfortunately, the last two are conference and there is regression in those two road efforts from what was established in Baton Rouge and Ruston. Granted, those venues are electric so it's hard not to be up. It's hard to play on the road in front of 200 people, but that's what good teams overcome and expected champions do. Especially with a team that is at the very bottom of the conference.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
I think we'll be fine at home. We are just a much different team in WJ. We play loose and comfortable at home, I think it's because of the Titanic Cam and the dancing lady.
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
RedRiverLa said:

I think it's because of the Titanic Cam and the dancing lady.
Huh, I thought it was because of me...
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

RedRiverLa said:

That head of yours just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger......
Ljacks&Longnecks
I didn't think Ryan's head was that big when I met him at the ULM game.
nacluth
Thanks L&L. Ed, I did notice my SFA hat did seem small today, but it's been a while since I got my haircut. It's hard to dispute the evidence though. We've won every game that I've been to at home in the last 5 years except the UNI game (should have won that one too).
INiedrauer
Staff
SFA held them to 56 points. That was an impressive defensive performance when we weren't being gifted with turnovers like usual. When you are 0-16 from behind the arc, a feat that statistically will never happen again, that's how you win. The overreactions are real.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

MasterAxe
You're correct we likely won't go 0-anything again...but, for some context, we've shot 28%, 21% and 0% our last three games from 3. And guess what, it allowed two teams that we are better than to either beat us or stay close.

Doesn't seem good, but I'm not a math major.

INiedrauer said:

SFA held them to 56 points. That was an impressive defensive performance when we weren't being gifted with turnovers like usual. When you are 0-16 from behind the arc, a feat that statistically will never happen again, that's how you win. The overreactions are real.
MasterAxe
Guess what...we're gonna play more bad teams.

And, gonna play a less bad one in the SLC tourney.

Gotta learn to put these guys away early.

cboothe09 said:

If Mizzou, LSU, and LA Tech are past history, so is SELA and NSU. It's done and over and time to move on.

The sky isn't falling. We are going to be just fine. I think we have issues getting up for the bad teams, but when it comes to UNO, Lamar, or anyone else we will be fine.
INiedrauer
Staff
Small sample size but you make a good point. We had a similar slump early in the year and we got past it pretty quick. There are capable shooters and they'll find their stuff.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFA Jack Fanatic
INiedrauer said:

Small sample size but you make a good point. We had a similar slump early in the year and we got past it pretty quick. There are capable shooters and they'll find their stuff.
Isaac is a far, far better cheerleader than the actual SFA cheerleaders. (Now, if we can just get him top of one of those pyramids so we can snap a photo for The Sawmill...)
NSUTexan
Congrats on the win...we're a bad team this season but I'm not quite so sure we're as "bad" as our record and losses indicate. Part of that bad is also youth and inexperience. I was pleased with our effort but knew SFA would make some adjustments at halftime.

The good news, aside from the players that have already went AWOL, we only lose Sweeney. Will be interesting to see if we're able to improve once Czar Perry returns as he's probably the best of our young talent.

Good luck the rest of the way...at least until we meet at the end of the season!
INiedrauer
Staff
edstile said:

INiedrauer said:

Isaac is a far, far better cheerleader than the actual SFA cheerleaders. (Now, if we can just get him top of one of those pyramids so we can snap a photo for The Sawmill...)
I like to think of it as being fair but I would never turn down an opportunity for that photo op.

NSUTexan, thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll stick around to offer some insight from Natchitoches going forward. Glad we escaped with a win but clearly that team hasn't quit yet. Best of luck righting the ship.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa said:

So, serious question. If you had to pick who our 'leader' was, who would you say? Do we have one? And I mean emotional leader.
This. I don't see the guy that is the emotional leader. Ty probably could be, but he is not on the floor enough. Two years ago, although Walkup appropriately got the press, Pinkney was clearly the leader. At least to me he was. During pregame, he was the guy going around and pumping the others up. Being the point guard put him in great position during the game to lead and he did.

We have a number of guys with really good talent. I don't think a game like yesterday happens with a Pinkney type leader on the team.
INiedrauer
Staff
It's Ivan. People can criticize his defense and streaky shooting (and rightfully so sometimes) but his leadership has been phenomenal this season.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

RedRiverLa
RedRiverLa
nacluth said:

RedRiverLa said:

Wait? You're not the dancing lady?
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
Touche sir.

(So apparently you can type the accented "e" on the end of touch, but as you see, the e disappears - or maybe it only affects dancing ladies)
RedRiverLa
Touch accepted! If you're the dancing lady, I'm the husband trying to not be noticed.
No-look
NSUTexan said:

Congrats on the win...we're a bad team this season but I'm not quite so sure we're as "bad" as our record and losses indicate. Part of that bad is also youth and inexperience. I was pleased with our effort but knew SFA would make some adjustments at halftime.

The good news, aside from the players that have already went AWOL, we only lose Sweeney. Will be interesting to see if we're able to improve once Czar Perry returns as he's probably the best of our young talent.

Good luck the rest of the way...at least until we meet at the end of the season!
I thought you guys were in it until the last couple minutes. Shooting 45% from the free throw line was an issue. SFA was ofor at the three but NSW defense may have had something to do with that. Good luck the rest of the way...until you come to NAC... lol
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Touche sir.

(So apparently you can type the accented "e" on the end of touch, but as you see, the e disappears - or maybe it only affects dancing ladies)
Isaac, we're going to need multi-lingual capabilities. We're far too classy to be limited to plain old English expressions.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.