Player rotations

2,136 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by nacluth
MasterAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm confused on what our player rotations are.

I understand our starting 5 is what it is.

But, Sami Nieminen is useless on offense, but gets lots of minutes.

But what about Ty and Shannon? Unless someone is hurt, why was Shannon completely gone in most of the 2nd half? Especially late, when we needed buckets?

I'm confused on how our player rotations. It's not like we haven't had 15 games to figure it out.

Isaac my have the best answer, but I can't tell how or why some guys get/don't get certain playing time.

SFASawmillGuy
I mean. Our player rotations have worked until last night. So I wouldn't look into the coaching or anything other than we flat out sucked.
Nothing to do with our coaches or players. We just flat out sucked as a unit today.
MasterAxe
That's what I meant, why the seemingly abrupt change in playing time?

Box score has Bogues at only 6 minutes, that seems illogical, at best.

SFA Jack Fanatic
MasterAxe said:

Box score has Bogues at only 6 minutes, that seems illogical, at best.

EXACTLY!!! 6 minutes for Shannon and 18 for Sammy?????? What the heck??? Unless Shannon was hurt and we didn't know about it, that makes ZERO sense!!!!!!!!!!!
nacluth
Nieminen is the principal relief player for the inside, so he's clearly getting most of TJ's minutes when he's not on the court. At times, he's picked up Gilmore's. Obviously if Bain can get up to speed, his minutes will drop some. He's been pretty sure handed as a ball handler, though last night (like everyone) was not his best night.

I'm still boggled by Bogues as well. He doesn't seem to fit into the system great yet, and maybe he's been slow on the uptake, I don't know. It seems he's been most effective off of transition. Last night he broke the zone with a long two and was there in a fast break. It was a kick to the game. Why he didn't return I don't know.

For the most part, I've been very pleased with rotations, and it seems like they've come close to stabilizing. I'm more concerned about execution.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.