SFA / Southeastern Louisiana

30,692 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MasterJack11
RedRiverLa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And Nichols took care of a bad team by 40 tonight. NSU.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
cboothe09
Home teams were undefeated tonight. New Orleans, Central Arkansas, Lamar, Nicholls, Southeastern, and McNeese all defended their home court...
MasterAxe
Wait, you're allowed to beat bad teams?

RedRiverLa said:

And Nichols took care of a bad team by 40 tonight. NSU.
RedRiverLa
Yes, but the league rule is that you have to show up first. So that's how they got us on a technicality.
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
That sounds like a bad under armour commercial. I sure their raucous crowd of almost 200 threw us off our game.
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
The Keller hype machine is out of control. Totally. Dropping a turd like this at the middle of conference would be one thing but this was mind boggling. Mind boggling.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
CLHawkins
One bad game is an anomaly. This is the same team that beat LSU and should have beat Mizzou and MSST. The same coach we were praising for all his growth this season. All this means is we're going 17-1. Let's not burn it all down yet. Another game like this and maybe I'll help light the torches.
BigJack85
True to a point. This team should be beyond starting in a 16 point hole. Really. How the F?
No-look
Bad games happen. Shake it off and be ready the next game.
SFASawmillGuy
17-1 now gets us a 15 or 16 seed though. This was an inexcusable loss.
RedRiverLa
But this wasn't the same team that played LSU and those others. That's the disappointment. Still a big fan of Keller, but the process for this game did not work. And in the end, game by game, that's on the coach. 18-0 was dreamy, but this should not have been the loss, it was, so maybe it will be a reminder for the next 17. Anyway, Happy New Year all you Jacks! I'm confident we can still own 2018.
Lumberjack Battalion
INiedrauer
Staff
SFA_03 said:

17-1 now gets us a 15 or 16 seed though. This was an inexcusable loss.

17-1 got us a 12 last time. All depends on who loses in conference tournaments.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

MasterAxe
How about we win 1 first. Then focus on 17-1

Cause right now the "all mighty SFA, slayers of the SEC" are 0-1 and dead last (tied, at least) and played a game that made us look more like a bottom level team.
SFASawmillGuy
That loss was to a legitimate good SLC opponent. SLU is by no means a good SLC opponent.
RedRiverLa
We lost to NSU last year, a far worse team. It's just frustrating when the slip up is the first game of conference
Lumberjack Battalion
tangerito
Unfortunately laying an egg like this will do nothing to put people in the seats for SFA's next game. Nac Sports fans can be very lethargic when a mediocre product is put on the floor or field. If they are constantly winning, that's when the seats are filled. As what happened when Brad made his Brad's runs.
BigJack85
Tangerito is 100% correct. We're going to have to reel off some wins (like 7 in a row) to get things back to having good support at WRJ.
nacluth
Total choke from top to bottom. There would be spells of urgency where we could erase 9 point deficits in two minutes, but as soon as we were close, nothing. Starters were terrible. 8 assists to 22 TO's isn't winning any game. TJ had the best numbers, but he did not play great. Too many fouls, not great position. No shows really from Harris and Augustin. Canete looked like he could go, but never got any swagger. This was last year's team.

I'm buying tickets for this year's team.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Total choke from top to bottom. This was last year's team.

Yep! I just don't understand how Harris and Bogues were used in this game. They are our two best offensive weapons, and only 14 shots combined taken by them. I guess that's my biggest disappointment (and mystery). They were far and away the two best all around athletes on the court, our two best shooters on the court, and neither of them did much of anything against a team that looked like a grown up version of the Bad News Bears!!
SFASawmillGuy
SLU is a bad team.
There's nothing redeeming about this loss. No way in the world it should've happened.
But since it did we might as well look forward to Nicholls.
BigJack85
SFA_03 said:

SLU is a bad team.
There's nothing redeeming about this loss. No way in the world it should've happened.
But since it did we might as well look forward to Nicholls.
Nicholls is significantly improved. Better than SLU. We better show up Wednesday or it's 0-2. Nicholls and the rest of the SLC don't give a $h!t about all of our hype and mid-major articles. Especially when we get to the tournament. ACU and HBU will be waiting with 10 - 20 records ready to become the worst record ever in a NCAA tournament. That's the SLC for you. Awful and we need to take out the trash.....
RedRiverLa
Hey, the sun did come up today. Whew.
Lumberjack Battalion
ACUCattitude
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

The SLC really ought to do something about the atrocious officiating in this conference. Not blaming refs for our poor performance tonight but I think most here would agree that the SLC officiating is beyond subpar
ACU feels your pain. UNO shot 47 free throws. 47!! 1/2 of the UNO possessions ended with an ACU foul. The refs called enough fouls to foul out 1/2 of our active roster. There were 72 total free throws in the game. How much better is ACU? We still could have tied it at the buzzer.

Unbelievably bad officiating. It was so bad, I'm not even claiming home cooking.

The SLC needs to do something.
SFASawmillGuy
No that's just the bar telling you it's last call.
MasterJack11
I know I am late on this topic but I wanted to chime in real quick, LEADERS MUST STEP UP. I hate to say this but its true, a few years ago we had a run of three years and lost only 1 conference game. We have better talent and we have a good coach. At the end of the day, we have to have a few guys that say, "We aren't loosing this game, we are better than this." Then they put the team on their back and win the game.

I agree lets win 1 first BUT our expectations are super high (for good reason). I can't lie, I thought we would go 18-0, 17-1 or MAYBE 16-2 in conference. I am sure we will respond! I look forward to a big winning streak.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.