SFA / LSU

56,837 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by No-look
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA (9-1) vs. LSU (6-2)

WHERE: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
WHEN: Sat, DEC. 16; 12:00 P.M.
TV: SEC NETWORK

Defeated
Alcorn State 99-59
Samford 105-86
Michigan 77-75
UT Martin 84-60

Lost to
Notre Dame 53-92
Marquette 84-94

Next
UNCW Dec. 10
Houston Dec. 13

SR:6
JR:2
SO:3
FR:4

TallTexan
Looking forward to this game. Maybe our old nemesis ND has some tips on how to shut down the Tigers.
fountainhs
Way to soon to mention Notre Dame and tip in the same sentence. Lol.

Really excited about this game. Big time opportunity to get a quality win.
sfa17
an SFA win would be an awesome graduation present. we already have 2 top 100 Rpi wins with La Tech and NDSU (we have to hope #34 LaTech n #91 NDSU have a great season) SFA really has nothing to lose and everything to gain. Maybe unless they beat by 30 . Which i think is unlikely
SFASawmillGuy
Honestly other than their win against Michigan I wouldn't say LSU has been too impressive. Certainly will be a very hard game but I wonder if Louisiana Tech is a better team.
nacluth
fountainhs said:

Way to soon to mention Notre Dame and tip in the same sentence.
Amen brother.
sfa17
"The-Team-that-Must-Not-Be-Named
BigJack85
If we can bring down LSU and Mizzou we deserve to be a Top 25 team.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
It might get us votes, but it will not get us in. LaTech and LSU are around the 100th best team in KenPom and average to that in RPI. Mizzou would be a solid top 25 win, but that just gets us recognition not votes in my opinion. If we had topped all 3 SEC teams, we might have been in the conversation, but no way we're being ranked in AP25 this year. Now the Midmajor 25 lists a couple sites produce for sure.
sfa17
We would have 2 beat both of the remaining SEC and go undefeated in conference early on. Something like 15-1 by late January maybe a little bit larger than that. So we have a lot of work to do
BigJack85
nacluth said:

It might get us votes, but it will not get us in. LaTech and LSU are around the 100th best team in KenPom and average to that in RPI. Mizzou would be a solid top 25 win, but that just gets us recognition not votes in my opinion. If we had topped all 3 SEC teams, we might have been in the conversation, but no way we're being ranked in AP25 this year. Now the Midmajor 25 lists a couple sites produce for sure.

Importantly I said "We deserve". I don't believe we'll get in although I would believe we by virtue of our record and road wins deserve a 23 or 24 ranking. All for naught though ,,, we still have to win both of those games and with home town refs it's doubtful.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
LSU had an underwhelming win over 2-5 UNC-Wilmington today 97-84 in Baton Rouge. For LSU, 6'11" Senior P/F Duop Reath had 30 and Freshman SG Tremont Waters had 20 and 10 assists. UNCW played the first half without their leading scorer and rebounder who was sitting out for breaking a team rule.

LSU hosts Houston on Wednesday. Don't be surprised if the Cougars win that one. They are playing very well.
nacluth
I saw Duop play. He's pretty great for a big guy, but he can't run too much. If we play our game, we'll wear him out. He's dangerous under the bucket though.
sfa17
Perfect timing for this game. It's starting to get cold and I need a new jacket.

#beatLSU
SFA Jack Fanatic
Coach K said that Jacks will practice defense this week with tennis balls in their hands to avoid fouling. Never heard of that method before. I love it!
djsfw57
sfa17 said:

Perfect timing for this game. It's starting to get cold and I need a new jacket.

#beatLSU
I like your style. :-)

GEAUX JACKS
SFASawmillGuy
Don't let coach Keller see it. We may see him wear it on game day
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

We'd get on Sportscenter for sure. If Keller wore that when we win, he'd be an internet legend.
Txjack
SFA_03 said:

Well done..lol...
PurpleOut
Staff
LSU runs through Waters, when he's out of the game they struggle. That should be the primary defensive assignment.

Keller said this morning that he anticipates that Augustin will play, but not 100% yet. He's not practicing.
nacluth
That was a good interview. I love hearing about the team working together. Do other coaches give so much good info like Keller does? Sometimes I wonder if he says too much, but I love his openness.
djsfw57
SFA_03 said:

ROFL
Txjack
nacluth said:

That was a good interview. I love hearing about the team working together. Do other coaches give so much good info like Keller does? Sometimes I wonder if he says too much, but I love his openness.
Agreed, I was thinking the same thing. Kevin McHale use to give a good coaches show when he was with the Rockets and was very open. Keller reminds me of him a bit (being a straight shooter)... but yeah, Keller lays it out there!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Houston up on LSU at the half 38-37. LSU started out on fire but has cooled off and did not score in the last seven minutes of the half. It's on the SEC Network if you want to do a bit of "scouting".
SFASawmillGuy
I hate having to wait another 2 whole days to see SFA basketball win this game.
nacluth
I don't know. I saw LSU early in the season, and I thought they looked tough. Watching tonight, they really don't look all that good. Houston honestly plays a lot like us just without the defensive intensity. Good defense, just not intense. I'm actually pretty encouraged that if we can get some offense rolling, then we've got a pretty good shot at this one.

SEC commentator just said that if they can take care of Houston tonight, they'll enter conference 7-0 at home because they just have SFA and Sam Houston at home after this. I hope they've already checked us off as a W.
sfa17
what a finish. Water with a big time block to stop Houston from tie and going OT. Crazy atmosphere at LSU. Waters is a beast. Not feel confident as i was yesterday . The crowd is going to play a big role. Houston is Kenpom #44
SFA Jack Fanatic
LSU wins 80-77 to go to 6-2.
nacluth
I can't believe you steal the ball with 20 seconds and you pull up to hope to get the last second three to tie?!? Score your bucket and make them hit shots. Bad decision.
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

what a finish. Water with a big time block to stop Houston from tie and going OT. Crazy atmosphere at LSU. Waters is a beast. Not feel confident as i was yesterday . The crowd is going to play a big role. Houston is Kenpom #44
Maybe it's just me, but I thought LSU did better offensively against UH's zone than against their man-to-man. Man is what we're best at. So, hope springs eternal.
SFASawmillGuy
And Saturday night they'll be 6-3
TallTexan
nacluth said:

SFA and Sam Houston at home after this. I hope they've already checked us off as a W.
They put us in the same bucket as Sam Houston? We cannot allow this travesty against our good name to stand.
tangerito
Has anyone heard if Aaron will be at 100% on Saturday? I know Coach K was hoping he was going to play but he left it at that. Up to this point he has been the biggest surprise in 2017. Playing very well.
SFASawmillGuy
This will likely be a game time decision.
TallTexan
Some potentially bad news about the LSU/Mizzou games. The dreaded SF Austin may return.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.