SFA / Louisiana-Monroe

25,294 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RedRiverLa
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No one's said it anywhere, so I will: 9 turnovers. Ok so our offense could only outscore theirs by 3. But 9 TO's in a competitive game, incredible. Now we only turned them over 14 times which is probably a low for us. But it's not as low as 9.

Great job Jacks!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
RedRiverLa
Good ratio, we need to capitalize on those turnovers. Thrilled we're 7-1, but I just don't feel great when coach says he's still trying to figure it out. Hard to watch great athletes in a slow down offense and coach saying he's still trying to figure out who plays best with whom. Next week won't make or break season but it's going to be very telling. I sure miss Underwood's offensive play calling, the movement was just fun to watch. Our players don't seem to match our offense and vice versa. Hope we start to click soon. But, happy we're 7-1 while we're trying to figure it out.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
PurpleOut
Staff
MasterAxe said:

Take the win.

But our offense is putrid.

And, our out of timeout "plays" are horrendous. Twice in the last minutes we had the ball coming out of a TO.

First, we stood around and fired up and air ball as the shot clock expires.

Second, we fire up a fadeaway 20 footer, luckily, that was deflected back to Aaron.

But I'm sure plenty of people will tell me I'm the crazy one for thinking Keller just isn't a good X's and O's coach.

Won't say you're crazy, but in general you can't always be perfect even if the perfect play was called. Keller said postgame that your first example was Augustin freezing up. That's not his fault, AA even called himself out for it. The last play was a call for Bogues and TJ. TJ actually didn't get to the ball to screen the defender in time, play could have worked out quite well if executed properly.

The offense obviously still needs some work/adjusting.
RedRiverLa
2 out of three. Let's get NSU now (and give me LSU for Christmas)
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.