SFA / Florida A&M

10,076 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by nacluth
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA (4-1) vs. Florida A&M (1-4)

WHERE: NAC; WRJ
WHEN: NOV. 26; SUN. 2:00 P.M.
TV: FACEBOOK LIVE

The Rattlers have been blown out in all 4 of their losses, most recently to Mississippi State 48-79, but they are coming off their first win of the season at home against division II foe Albany State 77-59.

A&M plays @North Dakota State and @Green Bay on the 22nd and 24th before making the trip to Nac on the 26th. They are a traveling road show as they play only 11 home games for the season at Lawson Center.

SR:4
JR:4
SO:5
FR:3

cboothe09
Jacks by 15+
SFA Jack Fanatic
Hopefully, their road travels this week will help to wear them down a bit before they get here.
TallTexan
Just realized we only have 3 seniors on this team. The next two years should be a lot of fun.
MasterAxe
Question:

Ty Charles has missed a lot of games the past two years, is there any chance to some type of medial hardship/redshirt we can use to have him back?

I mean, Jalan West is in his 7th year at NWst.
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

Jalan West has to be pretty close to Dr West at this point right?
nacluth
MasterAxe said:

Question:

Ty Charles has missed a lot of games the past two years, is there any chance to some type of medial hardship/redshirt we can use to have him back?

Unfortunately, to get a medical hardship waiver one has to have a season ending injury. Ty's injuries while being significant haven't been enough to end his season. Jalan West is defying the odds with his injuries by not only continuing to have season ending injuries, but also by getting the NCAA to extend his time clock (which usually only extends five years). Not unprecedented, but definitely unusual. I don't know what the ceiling is on Ty's playing career, but he's definitely going to need to show out this season if he wants to have any slim chance of playing past this season.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Florida A&M fell to Green Bay last night 57-51 after leading at the half 31-25. The Rattlers are now 1-6. Leading the Rattlers was 7' Jr. C/F Isaiah Martin with 17 points and 8 rebounds.
nacluth
Their margin of loss is steadily getting smaller. I might need to rethink my prediction.
nacluth
The actual attendance today might not break 1000 despite what the final numbers may say. Thanksgiving has taken its toll.
nacluth
Strong defense to get started; now just need some offense.
nacluth
Going full second team after first media break. Must not have liked what he saw.
INiedrauer
Staff
All around ugly on offense for both teams.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

nacluth
Yep. Totally sloppy so far. Does it feel like a practice so far? No intensity, real forced schemes with random lineups.
SFAXE93
One team appears to have come to play.
nacluth
No-look wouldn't dance with the dance cam on him.

SFAXE93
This is embarrassing.
BigJack85
What is the crap we are putting out on the floor ?
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
RedRiverLa
Ugh. Ugly. Not very good when it turns into a half court game.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
nacluth
Ok. So it just shows how bad they are that we're down 1 at the half. Finally found some rhythm in the last two minutes.
No-look
Nacluth, I feel more Loki throwing up than dancing. Lol
INiedrauer
Staff
45 point second half coming up.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFAXE93
I'm feeling a 71 point surge myself.
nacluth
Ha. I need 62.

Kevon just looks sad. We need the fire. They need to watch Des' 4 point play on repeat during halftime.
SFASawmillGuy
Occasionally Walkup's last 3 against West Virginia needs to be thrown in there.
nacluth
Equaled our first half production in 10 minutes
SFA Jack Fanatic
INiedrauer said:

45 point second half coming up.
You were way off, Isaac... 50.
SFASawmillGuy
This game was honestly really unspectacular, but not in a bad way. We didn't do too many bad things or too many good things. It was just like a slow start that went into us kind of coasting.
Good win. Now hopefully we get our intensity back.
fortWorthJack
I just want to say that i could actually watch the live stream on Fb, so . The game definitely was rocky for the entire first half, and another super long scoring drought. We break that up with some baskets and we could of blown them out in the second. The defense was very SFAish. I believe that team defense and forcing TOs will be key to avoiding scoring droughts. This team needs to find ways to get easy buckets and take advantage of all these TOs we are forcing.
SFASawmillGuy
I'd chalk it up to it being a meh non conference matchup in front of an awful home crowd.
It wasn't a bad game. Just a meh game.
nacluth
What I thought was interesting, even in the first when we couldn't buy a bucket, was the ball movement. I thought it looked really good. It wasn't just the same ol' round the arc or main guy in the high post. It looked more like an Underwood motion offense. People were driving and dishing with quick looks. It was the best movement I've seen yet. We telegraphed too many passes - especially early, but we got better. Anyway, just worth noting I think.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.