Story Poster
Stephen F. Austin Basketball

SFA's Kyle Keller on the record - Purple Lights Podcast

November 6, 2017

Purple Lights is the only podcast dedicated to coverage of all things Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks. With Richard Boyer and Isaac Niedrauer behind the microphones and with Mark Friedman (of Dallas-Ft. Worth sports talk fame) in the FreidoNation studio, our show is a must-listen for the most passionate of Lumberjacks. Be sure to subscribe to our iTunes page (click here), or download each episode right here from our website.

EPISODE XXVI - November 6th, 2017 -

Stephen F. Austin fell in the soccer title game this weekend but volleyball looks poised to clinch a conference championship. The crew discusses and visits with head coach of Lumberjacks basketball Kyle Keller as his team prepares to open the season at Longwood in Farmville, Virginia later this week.

What is the standard of success for this season in SFA basketball? How good can this team be? We find out from the horse's mouth this week on Purple Lights.

Click the links below to subscribe, download, or listen to the episode right here on this page above.

Subscribe on iTunes | Click here to download

SFA's Kyle Keller on the record - Purple Lights Podcast

8,947 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PurpleOut
sfa17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Which players are injured?? Ty, Bain etc ...
INiedrauer
Staff
sfa17 said:

Bain is out again. Will miss at least the first month of the season now. Ivan has been out. Aaron has been out. John has been out. Lot of them will be able to play come Longwood but lots of minor dings that have effected practice time.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

BigJack85
Is there something in the water in Nacogdoches? Injuries are driving me crazy. Missing Bain is one thing but Ivan and others being out is starting to make me wonder.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
INiedrauer said:

sfa17 said:

Bain is out again. Will miss at least the first month of the season now. Ivan has been out. Aaron has been out. John has been out. Lot of them will be able to play come Longwood but lots of minor dings that have effected practice time.
I haven't played basketball since Jr High, but I can still grab the rim. Happy to fill in if needed. Might get a little winded though. Tell coach K I'm ready!
No-look
TallTexan said:

INiedrauer said:

sfa17 said:

I haven't played basketball since Jr High, but I can still grab the rim. Happy to fill in if needed. Might get a little winded though. Tell coach K I'm ready!
Count me in too. I don't want to play much defense but I never saw a shot I didn't like.
SFAXE93
I'm in my late 40's but I can let it fly.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
nacluth
Sounds like a Sawmill Square-off. If we win, we get floor seats for the season and to ride with the team to the NCAA's. If they win, we'll wait until conference play to ask for new coaching staffs.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
Nice interview Isaac. Sad to hear about the injuries, but happy to hear that we're already scheduling our NCAA appearance. Go Jacks!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Gazette1
It's time to get healthy Jacks! Great interview Isaac. I'm ready for some basketball. Since I'm 71 years old and short and fat I'll watch you guys fill in at practice.
SFA Jack Fanatic
INiedrauer said:

sfa17 said:

Does Bain's problem still involve his back? I still believe that he can be a real contributor if he can ever get on the dadgum court!
Gazette1
I agree and unless Bain is able to contribute this season the future for his basketball career looks pretty dim. I don't know what his specific injury is though. They are pretty quite about the type of injuries the players have. I guess they have to be pretty careful because of privacy laws. Seems like I did see a slight limp on his part at practice. Underwood once told me that Bain is a freak athlete. Sadly, we have not yet been able to see that from him.
TallTexan
With all these injuries, we should start a physical therapy school.
PurpleOut
Staff
To be fair, I'm seeing a ton of injuries for schools all around the country. It happens, especially depending on how hard you practice. Still sucks for us.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.