Great read on CJ Williams

2,774 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Txjack
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I'd be lying if I didn't start to tear up a little while reading. CJ was a huge loss this year, as well as the ND game.

http://www.sfasu.edu/sawdust/issue-17-spring/feature-basketball-heart.html
No-look
Great read. Wishing CJ the best. He faced som tough issues. May the Lord bless him!
djsfw57
I got a bit teary myself. Sad story, but I'm sure CJ will come out of this shining like a diamond in a goat's rump. Thanks for posting the story.
INiedrauer
Staff
Good read.

I remember one time this last season, I was observing practice for a preview piece before one of the mid-January games. Coach K saw me and Vince from Athletes in Action and asked us to join the team at mid-court. Keller split the team and gave half of them to Vince and the other half to me and told them practice wasn't going to end until either Vince or I hit a half court shot. I'll never forget how hard CJ tried to will me into making a shot I was clearly incapable of. He would take the ball, kiss it, pretend to cast a spell on it, give it to me, and then die laughing when I threw up a cringe-worthy air ball. He was trying to give me all this technique and advice - and meanwhile I was just trying to draw iron.

It was worth a few laughs until Keller finally realized practice was never going to end and changed it to a three-point contest. I'll probably never get to live it down but it certainly wasn't for any lack of effort from CJ.

He never lets on having a bad day. You don't even have to know him well to have fun being around him. He's just a positive energy. The age-old question of "why bad things happen to good people" certainly applies here.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

Txjack
Sounds like he would make a good coach then...all the best and praying for you CJ!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.