SFA/TAMU-CC - SLC Semifinals

10,779 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TheRevSFA
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well we talked about how good our offense was without TJ and Ty out in Arkansas. Hopefully we'll have the same luck here.
MasterAxe
Coaching tip:

Quit leaving Thomas open
PurpleOut
Staff
Another travel by Thomas. Took two steps before putting the ball down on that layup. Whatever. He's still a monster but this is stupid.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Agree Purple....they go out of their way to protect Thomas
Ljacks&Longnecks
Give the Jacks credit for fighting back to the end.....very much looking forward to next season!!
nacluth
Tough loss, but we've got a good future. Dropping from four straight titles to go to second in the league in a rebuilding year isn't bad. Disappointed we didn't have the momentum from last night, but still proud of our team for not folding. Gilmore closed out as our best player. Glad he's coming back.
PurpleOut
Staff
Great comeback and grit from the guys, especially with the way the game was called. The flop that Amin got that sent Ty out made me want to punch someone. Pathetic.

But, we didn't quit. The team is really talented and almost everyone is back next year, plus some ridiculous talent. If nobody knocked us off this year, they wouldn't for a while. We're winning it next year.

nacluth
PurpleOut said:

Great comeback and grit from the guys, especially with the way the game was called. The flop that Amin got that sent Ty out made me want to punch someone. Pathetic.

But, we didn't quit. The team is really talented and almost everyone is back next year, plus some ridiculous talent. If nobody knocked us off this year, they wouldn't for a while. We're winning it next year.

Can't agree more.
BigJack85
Agree. True Grit. They'll be rewarded next year if they play this hard from start to finish.
sfa17
Slogan of the season " records are meant to be broken". No more records left. Time to create new ones. If somehow we got past cc, we probably would have lost to UNO. Hope cam and Shannon plus 1 more year of experience help us.
MasterAxe
Good news for next year:

We can stop using the "we were young and lost a lot of players and it was the first year for our coach" excuse.
MasterAxe
Immediate need for next year:

Three point shooting and ball handlers.

5/23 this game from 3, 15 turnovers.
nacluth
Good questions in the presser Isaac. Going to miss Dallas - he's a good guy.
MasterAxe
I hope there is a way for Dallas to stay with the program.

Seems like a really well rounded guy. Don't know if he has aspirations of coaching, but having him around couldn't hurt
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm in total agreement with all of you about next year. We should definitely be back to the top of the hill. UNO, AMCC, Prison Tech, and HBU all lose a boatload and we don't. I think our only competition in the conference will be ACU and Lamar, and neither of them will have the same firepower that we will. It should be a fun year!

But for now, what are our chances of getting a CBI invitation? And if we get one, should we take it?
INiedrauer
Staff
We will play in the postseason. Don't know if CBI or CIT but we will. And we should. Good experience for young players.
nacluth
Possible for CBI. Absolutely got to take it. Got to try and get these guys some postseason experience. Every game helps for next year in my opinion. Two years ago, the girls went to the WBI finals. They lost, but they almost got a true posconference trophy - something never done before. Give our guys a chance.
PurpleOut
Staff
We should definitely take it. Maybe it's my opinion, but it would be huge for a first year staff and overall new team. For reference, last year HBU made the CBI at 17-16. Corpus and Sam (18-15) made the CIT. So we're definitely going to be in the running, even more so with our name and recent tourney runs.
SFAXE93
The way Gilmore is playing, lets keep this thing going.
TheRevSFA
I'd prefer the CBI over the CIT. Don't think we should pay 30k to host a game during spring break that few attend
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.