Ladyjacks SLC Tournament Thread

4,877 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
INiedrauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Opening game starts in 20 minutes. Here we go...
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

nacluth
Go Ladyjacks! It's time for Ross and Lewis to make the NCAA's!
nacluth
23-7 first quarter. Not a bad start.
MasterAxe
going out on a limb...

I think we got this one.
nacluth
42-20 at the half. Yeah, these cowgirls are ready for pasture.
SFA88
Good grief, they let them back in it.
SFA88
That was a good timeout with 1:37 left and putting Taylor Jackson in paid off with 6 free throws. Nice win.
nacluth
Solid win for the ladies! Bring on the Cardinals.
INiedrauer
Staff
Ugly, ugly first half but somehow up by 4. Dog fight with Lamar though. Looks like we've never seen a trap before.
nacluth
The same problem we have had with CA. If the other team has good mobile bigs in the paint, Ross keeps driving into the teeth of them and can't finish. She needs to trust her team more. Our offense has been stymied while she keeps trying the same thing over and over.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks move on! Taylor Ross is one gifted athlete. Taylor Jackson did a good job while Ross was on the bench. Now, I just hope that playing three games in three days is not too much for them.
nacluth
Good team win. That was a stout opportunistic defense. Our offensive depth was just too much for them. We're going to need everyone firing on all cylinders tomorrow.

Go Ladyjacks!
nacluth
Down by 16 with 11 left, sound familiar? We need a big push to finish the game. Our offense has 24 points in 30 minutes. Embarrassing.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Down by 16 with 11 left, sound familiar? We need a big push to finish the game. Our offense has 24 points in 30 minutes. Embarrassing.
Taylor Ross with foul trouble again. We're not able to overcome it against this team. UCA showing they are the class of the SLC.
MasterAxe
Sometimes you just have to swallow your pride and admit a team is better than you.

UCA is just better.
SFA Jack Fanatic
UCA is just too good. Got to given them credit.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Taylor Ross has only been able to take 6 shots in 25 minutes. That's good defense.
nacluth
Yep. They dominated us. We were the second best team in the league, and that's how it ended. Hopefully we'll go to a postseason tourney where we can do some damage.

Good season Jacks.
BigJack85
Looks like we are still rebuilding but a solid year..... 25 wins. Maybe an NIT bid. In a few years I bet The Ladyjacks are back to 25-27 wins consistently
INiedrauer
Staff
Good season. Best team I think we've had in awhile, UCA was just better. SLC womens basketball continues to get better. Lamar is going to be a tough out next year but we should be alright. Going to miss watching Taylor Ross play in purple though.
nacluth
Yep she was a special player. And we're a good team. I hope they can keep intensity in postseason play.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

Looks like we are still rebuilding but a solid year..... 25 wins. Maybe an NIT bid. In a few years I bet The Ladyjacks are back to 25-27 wins consistently
It'll be hard to get an NIT bid, especially since ACU is eligible (I believe) for that one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.