2024-2025 Ladyjack Basketball

5,188 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Pilotgirl
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAXE93

Offers...
SFA, UTSA, Utah State, Wichita State, Pepperdine, San Francisco, Marquette, Pacific, LMU

Colorado 6A Player of the Year (2024)
2024 Colorado 6A State Champions (2024)

Pilotgirl
Avery's sister...
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks sign 6'1" G Faith Blackstone, transfer from Coppin State. MEAC 6th Man of the Year. 11.8 ppg,, 4.3 rpg, 1.1 apg. Grad student.

EDIT: She was a redshirt Jr. this past season. She might have two years of eligibility left. Not sure.

A bit more on Faith.... At Coppin, she scored in double figures 17 times. She had 19 points at Syracuse, 15 at Pittsburg, and 16 at Duke.

The year before in JUCO, she was the NJCAA National Player of the Year and an All-American, averaging 19.6 ppg and 6.9 rpg.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

She would be a good one! Hoopstracker Player of the Year in Colorado. Averaged 19 ppg for a 6A state championship team. With Avery here, we could have an inside track on signing her. Fingers crossed.
SFAXE93
C:#00 MAKANA GARDNER 6-4 (FR.)
F:#13 ITUAU TUISAULA 6-1 (SR.)
F:#14 JASMYNE BOLES 6-1 (SR.)
G: #00 FAITH BLACKSTONE 6-1 (G/SR.)
F: #33 TRINITY MOORE 6-0 (SR.)

This has got to be the tallest SFA women's basketball team ever.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I think we missed on signing Freddie Wallace. Kansas got her. NIL big money, no doubt.
BigJack85
I think we just recruited the JUCO champion's point guard. Probably gets 20 minutes a game (or more) at point guard.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

I think we just recruited the JUCO champion's point guard. Probably gets 20 minutes a game (or more) at point guard.

Are you referring to Blackstone or to someone else?
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

Black stone!!! Looks like a solid resume.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

I'm not sure she's a true PG. More like a shooting guard. But I'll definitely take either! She's a keeper.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

I'm not sure she's a true PG. More like a shooting guard. But I'll definitely take either! She's a keeper.

Maybe Blackstone fills the 2 and plays a little backup at PG!!!
SFA Jack Fanatic
We'll have Mimi Gatewood and Lydia Cook-Wiggins at PG. Maybe one or both of them can hold down the position. Mimi was playing pretty well last year before academics got her. Hope that's behind her.
Pilotgirl
I don't see Faith being PG when we have Mimi & Lydia...we can use Faith's skills elsewhere!
SFA Jack Fanatic
In looking at Faith's stats a little closer, it appears that her main strength is driving to the hoop to draw fouls, and making lots of free throw opportunities. That will bring another phase of the Ladyjack offense for opponents to have to plan for. It doesn't appear that she's a great shooter from outside.
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

I don't see Faith being PG when we have Mimi & Lydia...we can use Faith's skills elsewhere!

Right off the bat, do you think the Ladyjacks will contend for a SLC title? Maybe a "way too early" top 5 projection for the SLC.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Right off the bat, do you think the Ladyjacks will contend for a SLC title? Maybe a "way too early" top 5 projection for the SLC.

Personally, I'm totally in the dark about the other teams. Let me snoop around the interwebs.

The Ladyjacks would have definitely been one of the top 2 or 3 preseason picks in the WAC, so I can't imagine the SLC would be a harder nut to crack.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Personally, I'm totally in the dark about the other teams. Let me snoop around the interwebs.

The Ladyjacks would have definitely been one of the top 2 or 3 preseason picks in the WAC, so I can't imagine the SLC would be a harder nut to crack.

Ya. Lamar probably would have been competitive in the WAC. A&M Corpus Christi. Probably a middle of the pack WAC squad , IMO.

With the talent we are grabbing, we should be a top 3 preseason pick. We should be one of the bigger (taller) squads in the SLC.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Lamar won the SLC regular season but lost in the conference tournament. They were 23-7 on the year and 17-1 in conference, with lots of close calls in the conference. Lamar had the conference POY in Akasha Davis, a 6'2" jr. post, so she'll be back. They had one other girl who was all-conference, but she was a senior who may or may not have another year of eligibility.

I looked at the SLC all-conference team and almost all of the rest of them were seniors.

If the coaches and AD's do their due diligence, I'd predict that SFA will be picked first and Lamar second in the SLC preseason polls.
Pilotgirl
I watched a few Lamar games last season. They were good. We would've beat them.

I am fully expecting us to contend for the regular conference Championship & tournament championship.
SFAXE93
TallTexan
Looks like a great hire.
Pilotgirl
I wouldn't want to work for Olson either!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Educate me, Pilot. Other than looking like a Mafia boss, what's the scoop on him?
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

Educate me, Pilot. Other than looking like a Mafia boss, what's the scoop on him?

We've sat behind his bench & he yelled things at his players that were beyond ugly. I don't have any respect for someone like that.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.