SFA / Grand Canyon

3,251 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Pilotgirl
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice. Lumberjacks have it with 12 seconds. Down 1. To win it.
nacluth
Hayman with a good look. Couldn't get a foul.
nacluth
GCU ball 3.5 seconds.
MasterAxe
I'm not the "blame the refs guy," buuuuuuuuuut, think they missed that one.
nacluth
Harrison shooting two 3.2 seconds left. Still 52-51 GCU.

Would you tell him to miss the second?
Ljacks&Longnecks
We missed several opportunities to get this one.
I would ask how we had so many guys with blood on the uniform tonight, yet GCU foul total remains low.
GCU doesn't miss many FTs which helped them cinch this one
nacluth
He missed it. Two point game. We call a timeout the full court away. 2.1 seconds.
nacluth
Refs definitely not calling tight. Actually favored us most of the night. Can't complain about not getting the call late.
nacluth
Missed opportunity. GCU did what they had to. Two solid performances. Got to keep on track for that two seed.
MasterAxe
Some very poor possessions late did us no favors.
RichieVan
Absolutely brutal no call on Hayman's shot. It would have been McGlothan's fifth.
nacluth
SFA women going to win.
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

Some very poor possessions late did us no favors.

Hold at the top, hold,hold, try a half hearted screen, rush a shot.
SFAXE93
Yep 59-54

Lombard with 15 points and Nelson with another double double 12;10
Ljacks&Longnecks
Really a very good game for the crowd. We just missed too many shots and no thg much success inside. Can't fault the effort or the crowd.
Now must somehow bounce back quickly for Saturday
nacluth
GCU scored 4 points, SFA 2 over the last three minutes. That type of game. Would love to return the favor with DayDay next month.
Jacks1989
Great game. Great crowd. Really impressed with GCU perimeter defense. Really hard to get an open shot on them. Jacks played great defense. Hustled all night. Thought Nana, Jalil and Souhwick played good D inside. Jacks came to play. Just have to hit more shots. Hayman was fouled at the end of the game. That sucked. Missed Day Day. Also. The frat that was behind the goal by the Jack bench was great! They partied all night.
nacluth
Just rewatched Hayman's play. Looked like a good no call to me outside the circle. He had to finish that shot.

I'm not disappointed with anything except the outcome. Jacks came to play. Best crowd in years. Shut down the league's best player. Harrison balled out. Beaubrun was electric.

I thought this was going to be Jossell's coming out party for the season with his 14 points. But then he wouldn't pull the trigger in the last 11 minutes. He had three open looks in that time. Not wide open but open. Still a little gun shy.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Loved the frat guys behind the hoop at north end. They rode some of the GCU players all game. Reminded me of me back in the mid to late 70s.
Jacks1989
Yes. Best crowd in years. At the end of the game I always want Aj to have the ball. Love how he plays! The frat guys was giving the business to Collin Moore. They taunted him the whole game.
Jacks1989
Just looked at stats. Jalil 11 points 11 rebounds! Big man is coming on strong!
BigJack85
Great game. Glad I made it. As expected…. Down to the wire.

One play here or there. That was the difference.
SFASawmillGuy
Keller said in the postgame presser DayDay may be out for the season.
nacluth
SFASawmillGuy said:

Keller said in the postgame presser DayDay may be out for the season.
Yuck
Jacks1989
Link to presser?
No-look
Jacks1989 said:

Link to presser?
I found it on YouTube
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks1989 said:

Just looked at stats. Jalil 11 points 11 rebounds! Big man is coming on strong!

True. I haven't been impressed with Jalil all year, but his rebounding now is outstanding.
BigJack85
Ya. Jalil is making some real progress. Some games he looks like a real threat. That errant pass by Jalil after the pivotal rebound at about 1:20 left in the game, ugh.....

Other than that, he looked really good. His rebounding is improving and his shot selection is getting better.
nacluth

SFA88
nacluth said:

Refs definitely not calling tight. Actually favored us most of the night. Can't complain about not getting the call late.
This isn't a popular opinion today but I agree with you. I think mucking it up worked in the Jack's favor. The reason no one could could score in the paint is the refs let the teams mug each other and I don't know how many times I saw both teams go over the back on rebounds. Also, the Jacks need to figure out that zone. Not having consistent 3 point shooters really hurt there. Meanwhile their guy hit two daggers.
SFA88
Just watched the video. If you watch him, after McGlothan got that 4th foul, he just got out of the way a couple of times. That's how he stayed in. I think I read he is a 5th year senior. He probably knows when to get out of the way and when to get in there.

I know the chances were almost non-existent, but that final inbound play was disappointing.
TallTexan
If our rebounders are getting better, letting Jossell pull up for a more open look from NBA range might be an option here and there.

Would pull the defense out a bit more too.
nacluth
Wilson and Scott with COVID.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

I want to see Wilson as much as possible. Likely to be our #1 point guard next year, unless Cajuste has 2 more years of eligibility.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

nacluth said:

I want to see Wilson as much as possible. Likely to be our #1 point guard next year, unless Cajuste has 2 more years of eligibility.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. Wilson has not impressed me at all this season. I'm hoping we pick up a reliable replacement for Cajuste if he's gone.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.