SFA / Seattle

4,493 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by SFAXE93
MasterAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a wild theory:

For some reason, Keller doesn't want any player to earn any post-season awards. So, he plays them like 3 minutes at a time, then subs. That way no one can get into a groove and accumulate any meaningful stats.

Or, it's like Day Day (a pre-season 1st team selection) and you just bench him for extended periods for no real reason.

Coming into tonight, Day Day was averaging 20 min/game.

Half the game. Our best player, a player the league thinks is a top-5 player…half the game.

Cool.
nacluth
80-80 2:00 left in OT.
nacluth
Beaubrun double double. Hayman 1 board away, Nana 2. Both in.
nacluth
They know AJ is coming and he still scores ridiculous shots.
nacluth
Eastbound and down your way to your fifth foul.
No-look
Big free throws!
nacluth
Jossell got a shot to Schumacher's face. Under review.

SFA 85-82 12.6 seconds left.
Ljacks&Longnecks
How do you stop play right then after no whistle on the play???
nacluth
No foul. Shot clock off. Jossell to the line.
nacluth
87-84 SFA 2.1 seconds. SFA ball after Seattle timeout.
nacluth
89-84 SFA win!
MasterAxe
Winning a game cause Danny McBride blew a game-winning layup is not something I had on my SFA season bingo card.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks won, and I'm not sure how.
jboy93
Keller just said DayDay is hurt...
Ljacks&Longnecks
Note to Master Axe-----Keller just said in interview that Day Day's knee is bothering him. He didn't practice yesterday.
Sometimes things are not known to us common fans.
MasterAxe
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Note to Master Axe-----Keller just said in interview that Day Day's knee is bothering him. He didn't practice yesterday.
Sometimes things are not known to us common fans.

Cool. Day day must be hurt all year since we're only playing him half games.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Congrats on the upcoming wedding Talking Sports Chase. Guess she doesn't understand about still being in BB season but that's okay.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Possibly so since we have no access to the locker room...how would we know?!?
MasterAxe
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Possibly so since we have no access to the locker room...how would we know?!?

We don't. That's why it's called a theory.

I can only assume that if he's too hurt to practice the day before, we should not risk him playing at all the next day

And, if he's healthy enough to play 20 minutes, he can play 30. This is my opinion and my opinion only, I think he's our best player. I'd like to see him play more.

And, if he's hurt, that he not play at all to
Avoid any major issues.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Oh I can go along with the playing more IF he is healthy.

I guess my theory is more along the line of injuries or things beyond basketball. Just my theory.
Jacks1989
Jacks with the big win. Really was frustrating seeing DayDay on the bench. I feel he is the glue of the team and the Jacks best player. Coach said in post game that he is hurt. Hope he is better next Thursday for the big game!
Jacks1989
Jalil with the big game. 16 points 10 rebounds. 6 players scored 10 or more points.
MasterAxe
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Oh I can go along with the playing more IF he is healthy.

I guess my theory is more along the line of injuries or things beyond basketball. Just my theory.

I am here for all the theories.
BigJack85
Not sure how we won it. Crazy how the scoring shows up in different places. And I thought Hayman was going to breakout or Jossell would hit a handful of 3's……

Still we rebounded and tough.
jboy93
Great win Jacks cause right now all wins are big! Now to watch Sports Center to see if Hayman makes the Top 10! Good night all!
nacluth
Nana and Beaubrun with huge stat lines in the game. Best "big" game of the year.

Good energy all night from players and fans. Despite some concerns about lineups, the team played focused and as a team all night. Seattle is solid. This was a good win.

What a way to get momentum before GCU.
Jacks1989
Seattle played without there best player and took the Jacks to Overtime. They have had 3 tough losses in a row. You better come to play in every WAC game. There are no easy wins.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Nana and Beaubrun with huge stat lines in the game. Best "big" game of the year.

Good energy all night from players and fans. Despite some concerns about lineups, the team played focused and as a team all night. Seattle is solid. This was a good win.

What a way to get momentum before GCU.

Punched my ticket WRJ - January 25th. I'll be there.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Me too BigJack. Thursday and Saturday.

SFA needs to promote the $5 cram the colosseum for Thursday night.
No-look
Seattle is a good team and well coached. That one could have went either way.
SFASawmillGuy
This was our biggest win of the year so far, and that's including the one against Drake. This is the kind of win that can fire the team up moving forward, which we desperately needed!
TalkingSports
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Congrats on the upcoming wedding Talking Sports Chase. Guess she doesn't understand about still being in BB season but that's okay.
Thank you! I tried telling her but apparently "a wedding/honeymoon is more important" haha! I'm just thankful that there isn't a game on Saturday. I appreciate it and I will definitely be tuning in to the games!
BigJack85
MasterAxe said:

I have a wild theory:

For some reason, Keller doesn't want any player to earn any post-season awards. So, he plays them like 3 minutes at a time, then subs. That way no one can get into a groove and accumulate any meaningful stats.

Or, it's like Day Day (a pre-season 1st team selection) and you just bench him for extended periods for no real reason.

Coming into tonight, Day Day was averaging 20 min/game.

Half the game. Our best player, a player the league thinks is a top-5 player…half the game.

Cool.

Disagree. 100% disagree.
BigJack85
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Me too BigJack. Thursday and Saturday.

SFA needs to promote the $5 cram the colosseum for Thursday night.

See you soon. Axe 'Em Jacks
nacluth
Seven games into our conference season, leaders have emerged statistically.

Hayman and Staine are our best offensive threats. Hayman leads in points and threes (shooting 52%). Staine is ridiculously effective and has scored more from the line than anyone else.

Cajuste is our assists leader. Nana is dominating the boards and blocks. Hall is still scoring the most at the bucket.

Those 5 should be our starters when healthy.

Christmas is our steals leader, Beaubrun has been solid. Jossell is perfect from the line.

Stone and Southwick statistically are not playing at the same production rate as Nana and Jalil offensively or defensively. They should just be providing relief not starting. Wilson's stats barely justify him hitting the court more than Scott or Mayes.

Not mentioning Jenkins as his stats don't say much for his limited time. He hasn't been a liability or an addition overall.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.