SFA / Abilene Christian

2,327 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

How do you redeem an ugly game where you fouled too much and turned it over an obscene amount? You win it.

You forgot one... And you miss a dozen free throws.
No-look
No-look said:

We will right the ship.
. The ship didn't sink. Not sure how righted it is. Lol
djsfw57
Matt Hayman was the star tonight IMO. And Staine was terrific. Nice to see Day Day getting some points.
SFA, Class of 1979
No-look
Cajuste needs to on the floor.
AxeEm99
ServiceJack88 said:

Fire Keller

Well done Lumberjacks!!

ServiceJack88, I think you are way off base on your comment about Keller!!! Where were you during football season???
SFA Jack Fanatic
Now those two ridiculously early conference games are behind us. Back to learning who we are and how to play together.
nacluth
One could say "typical ACU game" but that one was ugly in all new ways. What's amazing is that these Jacks in their "ugly" games are still shooting over 40% a game.
No-look
29 turnovers and get beat at the free throw line and still win. Just gutted it out.
nacluth
Pretty balanced minutes in a 45 minute game.

Jacks1989
Big win for the Jacks. Loved how they fought back and got the win. Great game for Matt, he was huge down the stretch. Really like how Staine plays. Now let's go beat La Tech!!!
rc
The Lumberjacks deserved the win, that's for sure. It was a sloppy game on both sides. But our Wildcats ended the regular time with really dumb play. You guys were smarter than us. Up by three with seconds to play and all we needed to do was foul the ball before the pass setting up the tying 3 pointer. Two free throws would not have tied the game but we were just not sharp enough to ice the victory. I am not sure this team of Wildcats will do very well this year.

The Lumberjacks have the players but are susceptible to making bad plays and not always running the optimal play. You guys set up a lot of wide-open corner shots and a lot of easy under the basket scores. But just like the Wildcats, sloppy passing hurts both teams. You probably have a better long term season ahead if your team jells. I have some doubts about the Wildcats. They are not executing normally. BTW, your coach was upset with the officials but sitting up close I was amazed at how much holding and pushing was allowed. I was upset with the officials as well.

Now go beat your opponents and have a good season.
SFAXE93
Now that's a DUB!

SFAXE93
It's funny those blinking Christmas lights in the background.

At first I was like did they film this game on a VHS tape?
BigJack85
Didn't get to watch , family situation. Glad to see we pulled it out. Maybe we can build. Haymans stats …. Wow.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Thanks for the kind words, rc. We don't see that from fans of most WAC schools.

Your Wildcats outplayed the Jacks for most of the game. Jacks just converted some opportunities at the end of regulation and OT.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks1989
Utah Tech beat Utah Valley! 65-53 Wow!
No-look
I think I heard Christmas call glass when he released that three close to the end of the game. When Hayman hit that three to send it to overtime, anyone notice the assist by AJ?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.