SFA / Utah State (Cayman Classic Final)

2,709 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by SFASawmillGuy
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks experienced an unscheduled excursion to Hell, Grand Cayman Island tonight.

Got motorboated. Yikes. That hurts. Losing by 8-12 is one thing.
No-look
Well that was an humbling experience
SFA Jack Fanatic
Utah State barely beat Akron last night, while SFA was clobbering Drake. Today, Drake clobbered Akron while SFA was getting clobbered by Utah State. Crazy hoops results in Paradise.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks experienced an unscheduled excursion to Hell, Grand Cayman Island tonight.

(If you've never been to Grand Cayman, there is literally an area there called Hell.)
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

(If you've never been to Grand Cayman, there is literally an area there called Hell.)

Love the Caymans. Made the trip to Hell. Got the post card Stamped my Passport ….

Glad to see all the great support you have brought to The Caymans. Axe 'Em Jacks
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Utah State barely beat Akron last night, while SFA was clobbering Drake. Today, Drake clobbered Akron while SFA was getting clobbered by Utah State. Crazy hoops results in Paradise.
match up issues in the paint. No team in the WAC has that kind of front court.
BigJack85
No-look said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I didn't get the feed so just speculation. If Jalil and Southwick "gel" we might get a real inside game. But how often will we need it ? Idk.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

True. And Utah State's guards were experts at feeding their bigs just over the outstretched arms of our bigs. They did that at least 7 or 8 times. Wish our guards could do that.
nacluth
Utah State has been playing at the level we want to for a while now. Just shows we have more steps to climb as a program.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Actually you could have watched most of the game without sound on the FloSports app. Just had to use a little trickery.
nacluth
I'm assuming that with just 3 made 3's that we couldn't break the inside pressure. Hall has 9 points in 11 minutes. Has he been under the weather or a little injured? Seems like he was just as effective as far as statwise as the Drake game.
nacluth
Ken Pom back to 92. So the last two games kind of wash out I guess.
No-look
nacluth said:

I'm assuming that with just 3 made 3's that we couldn't break the inside pressure. Hall has 9 points in 11 minutes. Has he been under the weather or a little injured? Seems like he was just as effective as far as statwise as the Drake game.
Their bigs were eating our lunch. Keller probably was trying to match up with them playing taller players? That was the biggest front court we will see all year. They got easy shots around the rim but everything else was falling for them. They could do no wrong. One of those nights. On to the next one.
SFASawmillGuy
Eh. USU is very good inside. They knew that before the season started. We need to gel in the paint to compete in march. Fortunately, it's November. There's time. And as stated before no one in the WAC is that strong in the paint. Once we fix that we will run the WAC.
SFAJack_76
SFASawmillGuy
Eh. After having a night to sleep on it(not really because a new born kept me up all night and I'm still awake), getting exposed early is when you want to get exposed in a long season like this. Our defense in the paint isn't great, but we have the talent to fix that now. Fortunately this happened now and not in March. Plenty of time to fix the hole in our defense.

Only thing this potentially effects is our seeding in the tournament but in all honestly Utah State might be good enough to make this a quality loss.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.