SFA / Loyola Marymount

1,998 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by No-look
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In a few hours from now at 12:30pm CST, SFA will kickoff their Cayman Islands Classic with an opening round against Loyola Marymount. The Lions like the Lumberjacks have had one narrow loss against a good team (Yale) and a blowout win against a bad team (Jackson St.).

Coming into the game, the Jacks have the unique distinction of turning opponents over the most in the country but also turning the ball over the most. One record we definitely want, the other not all.

Also, the Jacks are best in the young season at not allowing two point field goals. In fact, shooting percentage against the Jacks is better outside of the arc than inside. Unfortunately, the LMU lions are one of the best three point shooting teams in the nation.

But on the bright side, the Lions foul a ton (at least in their first three games), so hopefully the Jacks will find the line often.

The Caymans are a lot further from Los Angeles than Nacogdoches, so maybe jet lag will play into account in the early game. This is a tough matchup for both teams. The Jacks will need solid perimeter defense and good interior scoring to start this year's first winning streak.

Axe 'em Jacks!
No-look
Should be a good one
jflandis
Just seeing our players walking around in the hotel yesterday in Cayman I was impressed with how big and athletic our team looks. We seem to be bringing a business mindset to the event. Hopefully that will translate to great play in the tournament. Also, I met Partin me Alex last night and they are representing SFA very well. They have great ideas about how to keep us competitive in the WAC.
nacluth
SFAJack_76
jflandis said:

Just seeing our players walking around in the hotel yesterday in Cayman I was impressed with how big and athletic our team looks. We seem to be bringing a business mindset to the event. Hopefully that will translate to great play in the tournament. Also, I met Partin me Alex last night and they are representing SFA very well. They have great ideas about how to keep us competitive in the WAC.
Glad you are there supporting our Lumberjacks.

I'm curious what the great ideas are that Partin me Alex have to keep us competitive in the WAC.
jflandis
I'll let them explain it on their podcast bust basically ways to raise NIL money.

SFAJack_76 said:

jflandis said:

I'm curious what the great ideas are that Partin me Alex have to keep us competitive in the WAC.
Jacks1989
I paid for flohoops. The quality is a lot better than last year. Announcers are not too bad.
jflandis
LMU shoots the 3 really well as advertised. That's the difference so far but we are starting to speed them up a little and have forced a couple of turnovers.
No-look
The three's are falling for LMU
nacluth
LMU has some pro wrestler on the team apparently.
nacluth
A quarter through, down by 11.
Jacks1989
Jacks!
No-look
What a block!
Jacks1989
Christmas and Nana!
No-look
Harris is hurting us. Perfect from three.
nacluth
LMU shooting 60% from three so far. But they are not fouling like normal.

Jacks are going to have to adjust pressure.
No-look
nacluth said:

LMU shooting 60% from three so far. But they are not fouling like normal.

Jacks are going to have to adjust pressure.
. Surely they have to cool off, right?
No-look
We're playing good defense but LMU is hitting everything
Jacks1989
Latrell!!!
nacluth
Jacks back to within 2. Heating up.
Jacks1989
The Juice!
No-look
New ballgame!
djsfw57
Jacks lead 53-51!
SFA, Class of 1979
nacluth
Beaubrun with a ridiculous three. I do not want this to come to an outside duel.
nacluth
We're Into the all offense portion of the game.
nacluth
It's been an entertaining game. I have to miss the rest. Bring it home boys.
djsfw57
Nice win 86-76. #AxeEm
SFA, Class of 1979
BigJack85
Gritty win. Get out shot by 15% in the first half and come back to win. Wow. We've got a team. A real team. Axe 'Em Jacks
No-look
Overcame red hot shooting by LMU. This team showed toughness. Liking what I see!
Jacks1989
Huge win this afternoon. Love how this team plays and how they are coming together. Seems like everyone is contributing. AJ with 25points!!!!! Axe Em!
SFAJack_76
jflandis said:

I'll let them explain it on their podcast bust basically ways to raise NIL money.

SFAJack_76 said:

jflandis said:

Thanks. I don't listen to their podcasts.
BigJack85
Jacks1989 said:

Huge win this afternoon. Love how this team plays and how they are coming together. Seems like everyone is contributing. AJ with 25points!!!!! Axe Em!

AJ brought the juice today. Went off.
SFAJack_76
Really good win. Lots of contributors. Good to see Staine providing some quality minutes.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Really good win. Lots of contributors. Good to see Staine providing some quality minutes.

Ya. Literally played 11 players deep.
No-look
The back to back blocks by Christmas and Na Na is a Sports Centeris a top 10
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.