Ladyjacks vs. North Texas

1,827 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by SFAJack_76
djsfw57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

Girls are defeated right now. Nothing going right. One more quarter. Can Bishop get them turned in the right direction?

Down 19 after 3.
I hope it's not going to be a loooong season.
SFA, Class of 1979
BigJack85
Punked. Favored by 12.5. Lost by 25. Whew.
nacluth
Can't remember a 24 point deficit. Ladyjacks have work to do.
Pilotgirl
Brutal game. Painful. No one can score. Let's get this game behind us, learn from it & look forward to the next one!
BigJack85
djsfw57 said:

nacluth said:

Girls are defeated right now. Nothing going right. One more quarter. Can Bishop get them turned in the right direction?

Down 19 after 3.

Bad look. This looked like a mid-tier SLC squad. If that.
nacluth
Only 5 players with buckets.

Gatewood 0-8
Van Sickle 0-5
McCliment-Call 0-4
3 others 0-1

Starters combine for 32 misses. Time to leave this game in the past.
nacluth
At least that didn't drop 31 on us like we did to them last year.
Pilotgirl
BigJack85 said:

djsfw57 said:

nacluth said:

Down 19 after 3.

Meh. It's early in the season. I don't expect what others might be expecting. We have tons of new players, a new HC, new asst coaches. I'm happy if we finish top 4 or 5 in the WAC.

I'm certainly not ready to call this season a wash.
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

BigJack85 said:

djsfw57 said:

nacluth said:

Down 19 after 3.

Meh. It's early in the season. I don't expect what others might be expecting. We have tons of new players, a new HC, new asst coaches. I'm happy if we finish top 4 or 5 in the WAC.

I'm certainly not ready to call this season a wash.

No doubt. Plenty of season to work out the kinks. And we may very well, knock down the shots. Tonight looked like we gave up.
nacluth
Agree. It's not a rebuilding year, it's a building year. Time to forge a new identity with Bishop. It will take a little bit to gel, but we've got time. Starters are good enough to get us top half in WAC.

There's definitely deeper talent. Moore is a great get. Gatewood looks like she could be good. Sad Finau isn't playable. Cooke-Wiggins could develop into a nice point. Others will need some growth.
SFAJack_76
No way to sugar coat it, after the first quarter we were outplayed, out hustled, and perhaps out coached. Rebounding is about position and desire. We had neither. Our defense was slow and frequently out of position. Harden needs to quit complaining about every foul. That does not help with the refs. Moore played a great first quarter, then didn't see the floor again until the game was out of hand in the third. Nelson …. I just don't know.

This was not the same team that went toe to toe against a very good Liberty. It's way too early to panic, but the Rice game suddenly becomes quite important. Obviously it would be good to win, but I want to see a team playing tough defense and doing a much better job with the fundamentals.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.