Ladyjacks vs Oklahoma Panhandle State

1,288 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?

If you are able to attend, please do! Hopefully, the ISD kids will be screaming & give good support to out Ladies. The #BishopEra is here!!!!!
TalkingSports
Season is finally here! Unfortunately, due to the time, I will not be able to attend/broadcast the game. I have been told that there will be another guy to fill in for Play-by-Play and Buckets will still cover color commentary. I'm sad I can't be there but I'll be back in action on Friday when the Ladyjacks play Liberty!
Pilotgirl
Thanks for keeping us informed, Talking! Excited for the #BishopEra and look forward to your call on Friday
Ljacks&Longnecks
Looking forward to the season Talking, and your broadcasts. Appreciate the fact that you are accessible and respond to our questions and complaining etc. Hope the broadcasts go well this season.
SFA Jack Fanatic
OPSU is a small 1,200 student university located in Goodwell, OK. The Aggies are an NAIA school and play in the Sooner Athletic Conference.

This will be an exhibition game for the Lady Aggies. They have an international roster, with players from Australia, Brazil, Portugal, and Serbia, along with three girls hailing from Alaska.

Don't expect much competition from the Aggies. But it will be a chance for our Ladyjacks to get their legs under them and work on melding as a team before the Flames of Liberty University come calling at WRJ on Friday. And it'll be a chance for us Ladyjack fans to get a look at the many new faces on our own roster and the skills they're individually bringing to the Coliseum this season.

Expect a loud and proud crowd of local students at ISD Day to raise the roof this morning. Let's get the Len Bishop era of Ladyjack basketball started right!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Mimi Gatewood is really athletic.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I've been putting my comments in the wrong place. Sorry.
SFASawmillGuy
Coach Bishop is aggressive defensively. I love it.
SFA Jack Fanatic
There are a LOT of really good players on this team! They are going to surprise a LOT of people.
Jyank24
We look like a super balanced and deep team… Think we might surprise some folks in the WAC.

Really cool to hear the noise from the youngsters on a 9:30 tip off, awesome event
SFASawmillGuy
I posted this in the other thread but we need to do more of these promotional events. This is one of the loudest women's basketball games I've heard in a while at WRJ.

When I was a student at SFA and worked with the athletic department I remember the UNT coach saying how WRJ was known as one of the hardest places to play because of the crowd. Let's get that back!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Kyla Deck appears to be the starting PG. I think Gatewood may share that role with her eventually.
SFA Jack Fanatic
This OPSU team has no rebounders.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Trinity Moore and Trinity Slocum are the only Ladyjacks who have not scored. Halfway through the 2nd Q.
SFA Jack Fanatic
This is already embarrassing. But what are you going to do? Our 3rd teamers are better than their first teamers.
SFA Jack Fanatic
At the half, the new Ladyjack that I've been most impressed with has been Mimi Gatewood.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm terrible at estimating crowd sizes, but I'd say there are about 2,000 here for the women's game.
Jyank24
Cook-Wiggins looks really solid too
jboy93
Someone explain how I am expected to work today with both games on ESPN+? First game of the season certainly takes precedence over work!
jboy93
Sorry to asked questions that may have already been addressed but we have 14 on the roster and it looks like only 12 dressed. Is that accurate?
Disregard...others are now back on the bench totaling 14.
SFA88
Guards look good and it is nice to see the pressure defense we all know and love. Other than that, there isn't much I can take from this game. The competition is just too low. I am hopeful, though
SFAJack_76
jboy93 said:

Sorry to asked questions that may have already been addressed but we have 14 on the roster and it looks like only 12 dressed. Is that accurate?
Disregard...others are now back on the bench totaling 14.

Only 12 dressed. Finau is in a boot. Have not seen Boles.
SFAJack_76
In addition to Gatewood and Cooke-Wiggins, Slocum had a very good 4th quarter. Very active in both ends.

Harden was the player of the game. I did not see any other inside player stand out.
Pilotgirl
Who were the starting 5? I had back to back meetings and couldn't watch
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Who were the starting 5? I had back to back meetings and couldn't watch

Harden, Nelson, Deck, McCliment-Call, and Lombard.
Pilotgirl
Thanks!

Thanks, Fanatic for all the details as well
RedRiverLa
So proud of these girls who honored their commitment to SFA, and happy for coach. First win of many!
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFA Jack Fanatic
One more Ladyjack worth mentioning... Our Spaniard, Ballesteros. She played well and didn't look intimidated by the big American stage. That surprised me a bit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.