SFA / Abilene Christian (2)

5,642 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PurpleOut
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you AJ. I know we ate up clock, but I never understand not going 2 for 1 when you leave the other team with 20+ seconds.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Hey ACU #11 didn't get the bogus charge this time
Did get a nice sympathy card from the ref on the way to the bench though.

Yep. Showing some love right in the middle of the huddle.
MasterAxe
Never a doubt.
nacluth
Well hallelujah.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Thank you AJ. I know we ate up clock, but I never understand not going 2 for 1 when you leave the other team with 20+ seconds.
Pretty sure we did that twice tonight.
TallTexan
I will take the win.

My heart doctor will have to put me on a payment plan from the stress.
No-look
Can I breathe now?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Hard to describe how we won.. Cajuste King of the Hill, I guess. Now, let's sneak out of here and get to Nac before the refs change their minds again!!!!
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Hard to describe how we won.. Cajuste King of the Hill, I guess. Now, let's sneak out of here and get to Nac before the refs change their minds again!!!!
What's the statute of limitation on reviewing a call. They might change their mind tomorrow.
BigJack85
Absolutely amazing. Cajuste is the hero. A total savior.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks1989
Great game! This season is not over!
MasterAxe
I, for one, had full faith and allegiance that we would win.

Never a doubt.

RedRiverLa
This was a total coaching effort from the sawmillers on this board tonight. We need a representative to be sitting by Keller at the postgame presser.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
No-look
MasterAxe said:

I, for one, had full faith and allegiance that we would win.

Never a doubt.

. Just knowing that gives us comfort. Lol
Jacks1989
AJ with 29. Hall had a big game. Really could have used Armbrister tonight. Hope he is back soon.
djsfw57
nacluth said:

That is a total BS call. I don't care if it's technically right or not.
I saw LOTS of BS calls tonight. These refs were totally unprepared to call a Division I game.
nacluth
Huge difference going to 10-5 and securing a winning conference season. Kept ACU from going to 8-8 kept them 2 games back from .500 with 2 left.
nacluth
Nice postgame Matt.

SFA Jack Fanatic
djsfw57 said:

nacluth said:

That is a total BS call. I don't care if it's technically right or not.
I saw LOTS of BS calls tonight. These refs were totally unprepared to call a Division I game.

As a former game official, I can't be too harsh on them about that bizarre OT situation. Over the course of a season, there are always going to be games in which officials experience situations they have never seen before. That was one of those situations. It happened to me several times. At the beginnng of each season, officials are handed a revised rules handbook and provided hours and hours of training on rules changes and 'points of emphasis' for that year. Obviously not every potential situation can be discussed or else the officials would never get out of the training room to officiate games.

That being said, there definitely were a couple of times during last night's game when the officiating team just flat out screwed up. Not many times, but enough to cause fans to question their overall competency. (Over the years, I had my competency questioned on several occasions by fans and a couple of the best HS coaches in SE Texas. I even was hit in the head with a thrown dill pickle by a fan after a playoff game as I was leaving the gym... True story. Ahh, memories...
PurpleOut
Staff
A little clarity on the sequence at the end of regulation.

Officials do have the ability to correct both game and shot clock mistakes (it's in the rule book). I do think it was a shot clock violation.

The problem though was this was not a normal situation. There's no real ruling on what should happen to possession in a situation like this.

Like the TV crew, the officials seemingly had to count in their head when the violation would have occurred. Which I just don't think should be possible. They're basically making an assumption.

To me it looked like Hall got possession before the violation "would" have occurred. How can we say that he doesn't put a shot up if he sees there's a correct shot clock running?

To me, I'd rather see that go to a possession arrow situation. I do also think Tanner fouled on purpose, knowing the situation and stopping the game.

What a wild night.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.