SFA / Abilene Christian (2)

5,720 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PurpleOut
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jacks have the only WAC men's game of the night in Abilene against the Wildcats at 7pm. It's a battle between two teams that are still trying to figure this season out. Time is running out and each game becomes more important.
SFAJack_76
Don't expect to see JJP.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

Don't expect to see JJP.
ever again in the Purple and White..
nacluth
SFAJack_76 said:

Don't expect to see JJP.
Well that's a big ol' bummer. I think we've had about 7 games all year that we haven't been short at point for one reason or another. This team even without Posey has the parts, but we need real cohesion.

I hope we see something tonight in response to Saturday's game.
BigJack85
JJP is gone? What.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks1989
Wow. That sucks. Wonder what the issue is? Playing time?
No-look
Jacks4460 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Don't expect to see JJP.
this one surprised me.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Don't expect to see JJP.

What the heck???? This season has turned out to be a season from Hell.
nacluth
I'm going to reserve that for Keller's third season.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

I'm going to reserve that for Keller's third season.
This season isn't done yet.
nacluth
So true.
nacluth
Keller's third season was a wreck. 14-16, 7-11 in conference and missed the Southland tournament. Lost a star returning player due to injury, had a point guard and forward revolt and leave the team essentially at the start of conference play, and internal quarrels between two of the best scorers SFA has ever had.

We're currently 17-10, 9-5 in conference and guaranteed a spot in the conference tournament as long as we don't haze anyone (too soon?). We did lose a forward who may have been a star before the season, suffered lots of injuries, have apparently a point guard leaving midway at the end of conference play. I wouldn't know about the locker room atmosphere, but it doesn't feel as toxic as that other team where you could see it in everyone's faces during the games.

I don't have a lot of confidence that we're making the NCAA's this year, but I still believe we're good enough to keep Sam from making it. And I have hope that we'll win more games this year. I guess we'll see tonight.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Keller's third season was a wreck. 14-16, 7-11 in conference and missed the Southland tournament. Lost a star returning player due to injury, had a point guard and forward revolt and leave the team essentially at the start of conference play, and internal quarrels between two of the best scorers SFA has ever had.

We're currently 17-10, 9-5 in conference and guaranteed a spot in the conference tournament as long as we don't haze anyone (too soon?). We did lose a forward who may have been a star before the season, suffered lots of injuries, have apparently a point guard leaving midway at the end of conference play. I wouldn't know about the locker room atmosphere, but it doesn't feel as toxic as that other team where you could see it in everyone's faces during the games.

I don't have a lot of confidence that we're making the NCAA's this year, but I still believe we're good enough to keep Sam from making it. And I have hope that we'll win more games this year. I guess we'll see tonight.

It feels like Keller has the core pieces, to build a wrecking ball next season. If he can hold what he's got together, he has two solid recruits coming in.
Ljacks&Longnecks
We have several pieces yes But if Keller doesn't recruit AND sign a true Big for the paint then we will be limiting any chances for true success on the court. Nana and Beaubrun would benefit from becoming wingmen to a true Big. Day Day plays big but would also be aided on the inside. We have seen what happens when we face teams with muscle inside and it doesn't work in our favor. I trust that Keller is on it.
Ljacks&Longnecks
SFAJack_76 said:

This season isn't done yet.
Yep, trying to stick with you on this 76.
You said it best....This team can beat anyone, and this team can lose to anyone.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I guess it's true that time heals all wounds. I had forgotten about that previous season from Hell. But still, I'm feeling a bit queasy about this one, too.

Does anyone have any inside info on what initiated Posey's supposed departure? 4460? 76?
BigJack85
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

We have several pieces yes But if Keller doesn't recruit AND sign a true Big for the paint then we will be limiting any chances for true success on the court. Nana and Beaubrun would benefit from becoming wingmen to a true Big. Day Day plays big but would also be aided on the inside. We have seen what happens when we face teams with muscle inside and it doesn't work in our favor. I trust that Keller is on it.

Nana will never be that "muscle" inside. Beaubrun on the other hand, could be a tad more productive inside. Not saying that he IS a true big, but he could fill the Kensmil role.

Southwick looks to have some range. Not sure if he is quick enough to be on the wing.
Jacks1989
Season is not over yet. Jacks are going to take care of business tonight. Too many good players on this team.
No-look
Can't figure out why Posey would leave with only four games left. Unless he was asked to leave. Might not be a good resume come portal time.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Nana had a quick 3 rebounds and a block early
nacluth
Tezeno doing work.
nacluth
Derrick's best game as a Lumberjack in the first 10 minutes.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Lots of game still to play but so far Jacks looking much better than last 2 games.
No-look
nacluth said:

Derrick's best game as a Lumberjack in the first 10 minutes.
. Yep. Looking strong
nacluth
Great defensive and offensive output. Can't let up on ACU though.
nacluth
11 point lead at the half. About as good as it gets this year.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Really nice 1st half. Now need to put 2 good halves together.
PurpleOut
Staff
Very nice half, shooting 56% from the field. We need this second half.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Once again tonight ACU proves to be the best broadcast in the WAC that I have seen. Camera work and angles are excellent, announcers are informed and pretty fair in their comments and calls of the game.
Folks in charge of broadcasts at SFA should take notes.
nacluth
Derrick with two rebounds and has drawn two fouls in two minutes. Killing it with what he's getting.
No-look
Minimize turnovers and the little things right we win this one
PurpleOut
Staff
Not getting some of the same calls ACU are getting right now.
PurpleOut
Staff
Well it was fun while it lasted.
No-look
Can't leave the three un guarded
Ljacks&Longnecks
WTH happened? Did we run out of juice?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.