Ladyjacks vs GCU

1,805 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFAXE93
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alright SFA WBB fans. This is a BIG one for so many different reasons.
We need to continue winning the rest of our games and hope SUU loses another one (and we beat them) to have the conference Championship to ourselves and not a share.
We need to beat GCU for pride! The Ladyjacks want this game...they don't want to lose to Miller & Company again. GCU needS another L to keep them away from possibility of winning conference, too.

It's gonna be a dogfight! And with Harden out, we will need Zoe to step up even more. And everyone else needs to play to their potential and put together a strong defensive game.

This could be the game of the season. Don't miss it. Be there. Be loud. 2 pm we defend the Sawmill. Let's go Ladyjacks!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

We need to continue winning the rest of our games and hope SUU loses another one (and we beat them) to have the conference Championship to ourselves and not a share.
We need to beat GCU for pride! The Ladyjacks want this game...they don't want to lose to Miller & Company again. GCU needS another L to keep them away from possibility of winning conference, too.

It's gonna be a dogfight! And with Harden out, we will need Zoe to step up even more. And everyone else needs to play to their potential and put together a strong defensive game.

This could be the game of the season. Don't miss it. Be there. Be loud. 2 pm we defend the Sawmill. Let's go Ladyjacks!

Yeah, I'd feel much more confident if Kurstyn was there. GCU barely scraped by Prison Tech two days ago. Let's hope they play just as poorly today and the Ladyjacks play with some fire in their bellies..
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

Yeah, I'd feel much more confident if Kurstyn was there. GCU barely scraped by Prison Tech two days ago. Let's hope they play just as poorly today and the Ladyjacks play with some fire in their bellies..

I know but it's Next Woman Up mentality...gotta put a game plan together with the players and their skillset. We can do it...I'm not counting them out yet. But it will be a fight for sure. Should be some good basketball!
Pilotgirl
Harden still in a sling...at least it isn't a cast. I'm thinking a strain...could be a tear, too. I didn't see her get injured. So sad
Pilotgirl
Palma from GCU is out again I think. She didn't play when they beat us in January. She was reinjured at SAM on Thursday.
nacluth
Solid start. 23-16 SFA after one.
Pilotgirl
23-16 end of 1st SFA. gotta keep up defensive pressure. They've had some pretty easy Buckets.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Does SFA attempt to sell advertising on our ESPN+ broadcasts? They show the same four commercials ten times each and every game.
nacluth
36-28 SFA at half. Good half. Especially good defense by Aiyana. Keep it going.
Ljacks&Longnecks
How is that a common foul, more like a linebacker popping a running back
Pilotgirl
GCU getting more pesky with their defense. We need to handle the pressure better.
nacluth
Gritty third 58-49 SFA after three.
Pilotgirl
Great last possession for Jordan and AB
Jyank24
Gotta throw this in, Ladyjacks are looking solid, and really showing their depth.

The best broadcast I've listened to so far from a production and commentary perspective. Analysis of play, relating to the players, and showing some personality on the call. Watching a good product today all around
nacluth
Is this Aiyana's best week of basketball in a year?
Jyank24
She's playing with more control than the first few games I was able to watch earlier this season.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Is this Aiyana's best week of basketball in a year?

I agree. She has been the Aiyana of old today. She was rather lacadaisical (sp.?) for much of the year, but not the last two games.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Really sloppy bball for us in the last minute plus of the game.
Ljacks&Longnecks
AJ leads the way today. I hope she will retain the focus and energy of the last few games for the rest of the season. AB and Harrison also come up strong today.
nacluth
Great win against a solid team. Just time to roll.
Buckets
Glad you enjoyed it!
Pilotgirl
Whewwwwww...what a game! Exhausted, grabbing some grub. We needed that one for sure!

Finally got to meet Melissa Gregg, being inducted into the hall of fame next week and will be on Dub Club podcast verrrry soon, so stay tuned!
nacluth
Utah Tech (our next opponent) is crushing New Mexico State.
SFA Jack Fanatic
CBU had a battle vs. Tarleton today. GCU won in double OT. Tarleton had a chance to win it at the end of the first OT but the FT shooter only made 2 of 3 after being fouled outside the arc with less than a second on the clock, Tarleton has now lost 8 straight.
SFAXE93
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.