SFA / New Mexico State (2)

3,246 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sad. Gave them their first WAC win. That hurts twice as much. Aggies figuring out how to use their home court winning graphics.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
MasterAxe
nacluth said:

3 point game at final media. Losing teams usually find ways to lose. How we will finish?
A loser.
nacluth
Well that very well could be the effective end of our postseason hopes. Nothing is done, but we had no answers tonight. Jossell was the only player going. Posey was a trainwreck.
RedRiverLa
nacluth said:

Well that very well could be the effective end of our postseason hopes. Nothing is done, but we had no answers tonight. Jossell was the only player going. Posey was a trainwreck.

100%
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
MasterAxe
This performance is why, I think, most of use on here (whether you admit it or not) think this season will be nothing more than another flameout.

12-8 on the year...just barely above mediocre. (12 wins against D1 teams)

It makes our win over Seattle seem like such a fluke.

I just don't understand why this team just can't beat the **** out of bad teams? Why in the hell are we so inconsistent?

I need a drink.
nacluth
Clearly the game plan for other teams going forward is to attack us vertically off the dribble. We couldn't really keep penetrating drives combined with a big backdoor man from scoring.
PurpleOut
Staff
Posey arguably kept us in it in the second half with his defensive effort and 11 points. He had some bad turnovers no doubt, but there was a reason Keller kept him in there all second half.

This game, and our season can be summed up with our bigs and rebounding. Relying and hoping that our banged up 6'5 guy can gather all the rebounds for us is not a great formula. Not in this league.

1 total rebound for Nana and Jalil combined. 11 offensive rebounds for NMSU.
No-look
I guess the seeding system just put us on the bottom.
nacluth
Posey got the play because the height advantage of their guards was eating Cajuste up. He could hold the ball off the dribble, but the last 6 minutes of the game didn't make up for momentum killing plays.
MasterAxe
No-look said:

No joke, this may be a -2 on the point scale.

By their metrics, i think this will be one of the worst losses by a WAC team this year.

We will have two of them (Alcorn, NMSU)
nacluth
It won't be the worst because it was on the road, but it won't be good. It magnifies our other road games results to get us back into a possible run.
nacluth
ACU beats Seattle to put Sam, SFA, Seattle at 3 losses. Utah Valley and Southern Utah sit at 2 losses.
MasterAxe
nacluth said:

It won't be the worst because it was on the road, but it won't be good. It magnifies our other road games results to get us back into a possible run.
I don't have a ton of confidence in our ability to win road conference games.

We're 2-3 on the road in the WAC and our two wins are against Utah Tech and UTA, who currently sit 9th and 13th in the seeding.

We just lost to the #12 seed.

Forgive me if I don't hold my breath on us playing better on the road.
No-look
To play in the top of the WAC you have to have a fiddle in the band (front court). The Murphy thing hurt. Nana has had to play a role he wasn't intended to play. Jilil not up to speed yet. The WAC is not the Southland
No-look
nacluth said:

ACU beats Seattle to put Sam, SFA, Seattle at 3 losses. Utah Valley and Southern Utah sit at 2 losses.
CBU was down 71-72 with three seconds left to SUU and had two free throws and bricked both
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

Posey arguably kept us in it in the second half with his defensive effort and 11 points. He had some bad turnovers no doubt, but there was a reason Keller kept him in there all second half.

This game, and our season can be summed up with our bigs and rebounding. Relying and hoping that our banged up 6'5 guy can gather all the rebounds for us is not a great formula. Not in this league.

1 total rebound for Nana and Jalil combined. 11 offensive rebounds for NMSU.

This. Says it all.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
djsfw57
That was just lousy top to bottom. So upset last night I couldn't even post. I don't recognize the team we saw on the court. They certainly didn't come prepared to play. All I could think of last night was what a crappy post season it's going to be without a team to cheer for.

PS Those broadcasters were insufferable.
SFA, Class of 1979
BigJack85
djsfw57 said:

That was just lousy top to bottom. So upset last night I couldn't even post. I don't recognize the team we saw on the court. They certainly didn't come prepared to play. All I could think of last night was what a crappy post season it's going to be without a team to cheer for.

PS Those broadcasters were insufferable.

Ya. It's confounding. After watching them in person on Saturday, I was really pumped. Thought we could win 7/9 remaining games. Right now I think 5/9 is more likely. Ugh.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
wahlwesle
No-look said:

We lost 0.48 points with the loss, but remain firmly as the 6 seed. It's not impossible for us to get the 5 seed, but Seattle is going to have to suck bad the rest of the season for us to have a shot at the 4 seed.
nacluth
If we beat GCU tomorrow then we'll be in fifth. Plenty of games to catch fourth of we play well.
No-look
nacluth said:

If we beat GCU tomorrow then we'll be in fifth. Plenty of games to catch fourth of we play well.
nacluth in the Greek is translated encourager
SFAJack_76
Just win.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.