Ladyjacks vs CBU

2,692 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nacluth
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Unfortunately, we won't be able to make it and super bummed So, we are relying on the Sawmill for this game!!!

CBU would love a won against SFA, especially since they are just one game behind us. We beat them twice last year and once this year. CBU WANTS this one. Watch out for guard Dorcas Wu, who can go crazy with her shooting (we defended her well when we visited Riverside).

It's gonna be another match up between the two candidates (IMO) for Freshmen Player of the Year. Our Harrison has won the weekly honor 4 times as has CBU's Grace Schmidt, who is gonna be an outstanding Forward.

Trinity San Antonio is back now...when we played CBU earlier in the season, she was either still oit due to injury or just returned for a couple minutes of play. Since returning, she is back to playing at her level.

If we defend their shooters and take good shots, we will win again. The Ladyjacks want to win every game since dropping the GCU game. Our Ladies played lights out against SAM on Thursday, with the exception of the last 3 minutes, when our bench was in. If we play like that today,we will hand CBU their 4th L against us. One. Game. At. A. Time. Let's go!!!
nacluth
Let's get them Ladyjacks!
Pilotgirl
Just saw the starting line up and Wu isn't listed
...I vaguely remember her getting banged up in a game...maybe GCU? If she's out, that's a BIG blow for CBU
djsfw57
I can't find the game on ESPN+ - or the men's game either. Anyone else having this problem?

*edit - I found it. It's not under the WAC conference, but is under NCAA Women. Odd.
SFA, Class of 1979
nacluth
Quick 10 point deficit. Got to settle in.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Wow, a lot of work to do here and Johnson with 2 fouls already.

As far as cram the coliseum....that didn't appear to work.
nacluth
Aiyana with two cheap fouls early. Struggling to find any offensive rhythm in the first. Terrible start.
nacluth
Rough first 22-10 CBU. The Lancers were ready to go.
Pilotgirl
Gotta get our offense together...settle down and find that good shot!
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Rough first 22-10 CBU. The Lancers were ready to go.

I expected this, after losing to us 3 times in a row...
Ljacks&Longnecks
CBU had 5 or was it 6 three pointers in 1st quarter. Ladyjacks on the other hand shooting very poorly. Maybe the Lombard 3 will get the offense going. Can't let the hole get any deeper, need to start trimming the deficit ASAP
nacluth
Lombard is good at shooting threes but so are others. We can't just have Lombard jacking threes and Aiyana under the bucket. We need team offense.
Ljacks&Longnecks
CBU can't miss a 3 from anywhere right now.
Pilotgirl
Angels shot has been off all season...Dez and Tyler are my go-to 3 shooters now. Problem is, CBU is shooting lights out. We get t everyone's best game and we aren't responding.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Reminds me of the last conference game last year vs. UTRGV. They couldn't miss a three either.
BigJack85
Outclassed. Haven't seen a team shoot the 3 point against us like this in 40 years.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
CBU 11-17 from 3. SFA 3-9 from 3.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Don't think outclassed is the word....more like CBU is hitting a far higher % of 3 point shots than one could reasonably expect thus far. They are definitely out shooting us and for the most part outplayed us in the 1st half.
nacluth
I think the pogo guy bent a board on the court.
nacluth
Need to focus on getting back in the game little by little. Can't start jacking up threes to get it all quick. Have to concentrate on slowing them down.
nacluth
We are taking the ugliest shots. And they are calling zero fouls under the bucket.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Agreed. Shot selection looks almost panicked at times and we can't seem to hold on to the ball on the offense side. Defense is better this quarter.
nacluth
Refs just making up calls now. Even if the occasional one goes in our favor.
nacluth
Down 20 with 12:30 left. How can we respond?
nacluth
Got back 7 in the last 2:30. After 3, 63-50 CBU.
Ljacks&Longnecks
SFA offense has looked out of whack for almost the entire game.....maybe because they were as stunned as us fans with the CBU shooting.
One quarter left to make up 13.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Missing opportunities to cut the gap. Lombard is not hitting 3s today. I would try someone else.
nacluth
Angel Scott? 8 point game 6:15 left.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Where is McCliment-Call? She hit a couple of 3s earlier. Lombard did pick up an old fashioned 3 point play after I said she wasn't connecting today.
nacluth
Held CBU to 1 three in the second half.
nacluth
Second player fouled out for CBU. Two more to go.
nacluth
3 point game 3:34 left. Sawmill is a rockin'!
Ljacks&Longnecks
YES, nice run. Let's keep it going.
nacluth
6 point game 52 seconds.
nacluth
Not today, but I'm impressed with pulling 17 points back in 9 minutes. Not as impressed with being 20 down, but our shooting today was atrocious at times. Kellogg is a great coach though. He found the combos to make it a game
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.