SFA / Seattle

3,896 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by No-look
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dominant play in the second half. 77-65 with 32.1 seconds left.
nacluth
Back to the top baby!
MasterAxe
Now that's a victory.

That's probably the best played game all year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
MasterAxe said:

Now that's a victory.

That's probably the best played game all year.

Yep! Agreed. A good game all around.
Jacks1989
Great game at the Saw Mill! Glad I made it. Crowd was loud at the end. First place Jacks!
No-look
Crowd was good. Felt like the old days. Lol
wahlwesle
TalkingSports said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Hey TalkingSports....commercials much louder than broadcast today. That hasn't happened the last few home games.
Thank you guys for letting me know. I let our producer know. Unfortunately, those commercials are controlled by ESPN and we have no control over their audio.
For what it's worth, the commercial audio level is normal to what I usually have to set my tv at. It's just that the game broadcast is much quieter than normal, so I have to crank the tv up to hear the game, and then the commercials are blaring. Any way you can increase the volume of the broadcast to match the commercials? This would make things on par with everything else I watch. Not sure if everyone else has the same experience.
MinnJack
Same experience here
SFA88
wahlwesle said:

TalkingSports said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Hey TalkingSports....commercials much louder than broadcast today. That hasn't happened the last few home games.
Thank you guys for letting me know. I let our producer know. Unfortunately, those commercials are controlled by ESPN and we have no control over their audio.
For what it's worth, the commercial audio level is normal to what I usually have to set my tv at. It's just that the game broadcast is much quieter than normal, so I have to crank the tv up to hear the game, and then the commercials are blaring. Any way you can increase the volume of the broadcast to match the commercials? This would make things on par with everything else I watch. Not sure if everyone else has the same experience.
same
nacluth
Jalil and Nana were huge today. They didn't rack up the stats, but they played hard minutes in the post that really kept Seattle from controlling the paint. Credit to Keller for working up a successful plan of having Hall come off the bench.

Hawkins got his double double 10/12.
Hall got his 15/10.
Cajuste should have had one too, but had a driving bucket waved off on a bogus traveling call (watch the video.) He would have had 10 points to go along with his 10 assists.
TalkingSports
I will definitely bring it up if it continues in to next game. Is this something that just happened today or has been happening over the past couple of games? We thought we had it fixed. I have also noticed this same issue at home while watching some other games on ESPN+.
Jacks1989
Any word on Robbie and why he didn't play?
No-look
Jacks1989 said:

Any word on Robbie and why he didn't play?
He was getting around good. Must of been a minor injury.
BigJack85
The Sawmill was the best I've seen since post Covid. Keller has got the rotation down cold. If Jalil could be a little more consistent, we could win 7 of the last 9. That would get us close. Probably 2nd or 3rd. I liked just about everything about the way the guys played. Shot selection was good. If we got a little more effective inside , we will be hard to beat.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks1989
Jalil just needs playing time. I like his size and his game. Just looks rusty and has not adjusted to the speed of the game yet. He's going to be really good.
No-look
Loving the play of AJ. Things happen when he is on the court.
nacluth
Net rankings after yesterday. SFA at its season high of 125.

nacluth
And here's a look at the back half of conference play.

SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

I could see us dropping a couple of these, which would leave us at 14-4 at conference time. It's fun being in the tough WAC, but I miss the days of blowing away the SLC teams.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

I could see us dropping a couple of these, which would leave us at 14-4 at conference time. It's fun being in the tough WAC, but I miss the days of blowing away the SLC teams.
. If we could play every game with the intensity that we played Seattle with I would rest a little easier.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

Every "Once in a while" I have a similar thought…. Then I rethink the times (in the SLC) that a late season upset took us down the seed line from 13 to 14 or 15. Today that same loss would drop us from 15 to 16 OR worse, Play in Game. That seems humiliating to me.
BigJack85
No-look said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

. If we could play every game with the intensity that we played Seattle with I would rest a little easier.

Of that first stretch of games, Tarleton worries me the most. Billy Clyde can coach and his team is getting healthier.

Tarleton is undersized, like us. Could be a real challenge. If Nana or Beaubrun show up, that would have a real impact.
No-look
Glad that Tarleton game is at home
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.