SFA / UT - Rio Grande Valley

3,401 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jboy93 said:

Am I the only that thinks Jackson Posey carries the ball all the time?

It's close, but they're not going to be calling it at this level.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

It bugs the heck out of me to see the meager crowd. RIdiculous!!
Brutal. I know it's Wednesday so we're missing some of the church crowd.

But where are the students? First game back of the semester and the athletic department put out several posts and videos. The first 250 students got free pizza and there are maybe 13 in the student section.

I got free food 0 times as a student.
SFA Jack Fanatic
A player with the ball has ownership of the verticle space directly above him, all the way to the moon. That was the official's signal near the end of the game that neither announcer recognized. It's a foul on the defender if they hit the offensive player or don't allow him to stand up in that protected space. That rule has been in play for many years.
No-look
Hats off to the band. They brought it both musically and cheering.
BigJack85
This team is good. Student body is weak.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
BigJack85
I'll be there Saturday. Cheering them on.
nacluth
Got the necessity win now onto the showdown.
TalkingSports
What threw us off was the official a little bit. We understood the foul call and why there was a foul but after the play the official waved his hands very high and very low (at least looked that way to us). Although i've seen that foul call with that hand movement, just confused me with how wide the arm motion went. Live and learn!

Also have a question. We have some pretty loud fans behind us. I was just wondering if there yelling and comments are picked up on air and if so how loud?
nacluth
The fans over the tv are nowhere near as loud as Chaunsea over the radio.
TalkingSports
Haha! Well I guess that's good. I was hoping some of the stuff they said didn't make it onto the broadcast. We tried out best to talk over it at times lol.
BigJack85
TalkingSports said:

Haha! Well I guess that's good. I was hoping some of the stuff they said didn't make it onto the broadcast. We tried out best to talk over it at times lol.

I could tell they were obnoxious. I fully support that rowdy ness. Lol.
PurpleOut
Staff
TalkingSports said:

What threw us off was the official a little bit. We understood the foul call and why there was a foul but after the play the official waved his hands very high and very low (at least looked that way to us). Although i've seen that foul call with that hand movement, just confused me with how wide the arm motion went. Live and learn!

Also have a question. We have some pretty loud fans behind us. I was just wondering if there yelling and comments are picked up on air and if so how loud?

They were definitely picked up. As long as their language isn't bad then I don't have a problem with it, but I think they're students. I just wish they'd sit in the student section. I LOVE their energy, maybe it would help others get behind them and get involved?

If I'm on the staff, I'm approaching those guys. Not to tell them they need to behave, but to ask them for help. We have one of the worst student sections in the league, and we need to figure it out.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I guess I was totally zoned in on the game and the play-by-play because I didn't notice them at all.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The box score says the attendance was 2,180. To those who were there, is that believable? Sure didn't look like it on ESPN, but camera angles can be deceiving.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

The box score says the attendance was 2,180. To those who were there, is that believable? Sure didn't look like it on ESPN, but camera angles can be deceiving.
Looked about right.
nacluth
I didn't get to attend but I drove by the parking lot and that number sounds about right.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Looked about right.
Agree.
SFAJack_76
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.