Ladyjacks vs UTA

2,471 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BigJack85
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tomorrow, our Ladies square off against the UTA squad. There was a lot of talk about how much of a contender UTA WBB would be; however, they have been inconsistent since the jump. They are currently 9th in the WAC (3-4) and 9-10 overall.

Starr Jacobs is their star but if she's in foul trouble, their offense seems to crumble; defense is sub-par, too. I've watched several of their games and we should be able to handle them. However, we shouldn't take anyone for granted as we will get every teams best effort.

Look for Johnson and Jacobs to square up against one another most of game; we will need our outside shooters to make some points....and not shoot cold like the first half on Wednesday against UVU.

I didn't see Harden at the game on TV last night...I might be wring but if she's sick, we will definitely need a strong outside the paint presence.

Hope to see you there!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Yeah, what's the deal with Harden? Hope it's nothing serious. We can't afford to lose one of our posts.
Pilotgirl
https://sfajacks.com/news/2023/1/20/womens-basketball-ladyjacks-to-host-mavericks-in-saturday-afternoon-matchup.aspx
BigJack85
The sport information team does not have correct series results. This is not the 1st time. Probably the 6th or 7th time I've noticed it. It's particularly grevious when it is the dominant Ladyjacks.

For the record we lead the series 47-19. Please get it together sports info. See if you can find records that go beyond the last 8-10 years.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Ljacks&Longnecks
Where did they get those numbers?? Huge difference between the actual numbers and what they came up with..
Do we not produce media guides anymore with the lifetime records and stats?

If I ever move to Nac, I'm going to be offering my services to the sports info dept and/or to run a camera at basketball games.
RedRiverLa
Another bad start. One day we won't recover, hope it's not today. We're better.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Ljacks&Longnecks
No Harden, Zoe in early...Aiyana already foul trouble
Ljacks&Longnecks
Couple of careless turnovers gives UTA lead and earns a Kellogg timeout. Looks like our focus is not quite there right now.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Yeah, what's the deal with Harden? Hope it's nothing serious. We can't afford to lose one of our posts.

Concussion protocol ...will be back next week
nacluth
Destiny is a gamer. When she gets ballin'โ€ฆ.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Destiny is a gamer. When she gets ballin'โ€ฆ.

Dest is the most improved player from last yr, imo. Zoe has improved as well
Ljacks&Longnecks
Earlier timeout worked. Looked much better last 6 minutes. Back in control...mostly
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA is really missing Harden. Zoe is doing the best she can, but she doesn't have the frame to be a post player. And AB has been pretty much a no-show so far. We need to get Aiyana back on the court.
nacluth
Nice first half with limited big play. If we can send UTA to 5 losses, it will go a long way to keep them from getting a bye in Vegas which strongly benefits the Ladyjacks.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Zoe 10 rebounds in 1st half they said
nacluth
TV broadcast has been fun today. Sideline reporter, Chase and DT getting face time, trying to get replays. Nice work.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jordan is one of the only SFA players who really leaps for rebounds. Most Ladyjacks are flatfooted and wait for the ball to come down rather than leap. If Jordan was 6'4" she'd be an All American post player. I hate to be critical of SFA players, but it's what I see.
Ljacks&Longnecks
UTA hanging around, going to need to remain focused for 1 more quarter to continue to hold them off.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Why is AB riding the pines so long?
nacluth
Zoe with 4 blocks, 1 steal to go with those 11 rebounds, 7 points.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Zoe with 4 blocks, 1 steal to go with those 11 rebounds, 7 points.

Almost a double-double...let's get thru these next 4.5 minutes!!
SFA Jack Fanatic
AB obiously read my comment. She has come alive this half.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacobs from UTA is a player!
Ljacks&Longnecks
UTA does appear to be better than their record. Tough battle, they knocked us out of our game a few times.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Mic going dead on the post-game interview of Lombard. What a surprise.

FYI: Walmart has a sale on batteries this week.
Pilotgirl
I shared misinformation a few weeks ago...Zya DOES NOT travel with the team. She is still on restrictions and conditoning/rehabbing from her surgery daily. Plus, the travel would be too much walking, pressure on the plane rides, etc.

She is there every home game and involved on the bench.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Mic going dead on the post-game interview of Lombard. What a surprise.

FYI: Walmart has a sale on batteries this week.

It's the WAC Game of the Week so it'll probably be on their Twitter or website.
Pilotgirl
BigJack85
Must admit I'm sooooโ€ฆ disappointed in the level of student support for this team.

I'll be in next Saturday, to do my part. Probably make more games than 90% of the undergrad population.

Sad. I'm not bragging, but I think I made a minimum of 5-6 Ladyjack games a season from 1980-1983. 84 I focused on senior level classes, or at least that's my goal excuse.
Pilotgirl
See ya there, BigJack! We will be at Huntsville on Thursday, too since it's pretty close. Wish it started at 6 instead of 5.
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

See ya there, BigJack! We will be at Huntsville on Thursday, too since it's pretty close. Wish it started at 6 instead of 5.

I'll keep an eye open for you guys!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.